cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do balance transfers affect credit?

tag
liz2011

how do balance transfers affect credit?

Hi, I had a question about balance transfers.  I have 2 CCs carrying a balance right now--one is offering a decent rate for BTs and I am thinking of transferring the balance from the other CC over to this one.  However, on the website the BT rate offer has a disclaimer saying "not all customers will qualify for this rate."  Does this mean they will do a credit check?  I don't want any inquiries on my credit right now for fear of lowering my FICO (applying for a mortgage soon)...but I am tired of paying out the nose in interest rates :-(.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
brian2220
Regular Contributor

Re: how do balance transfers affect credit?

@liz2011 wrote:

Hi, I had a question about balance transfers.  I have 2 CCs carrying a balance right now--one is offering a decent rate for BTs and I am thinking of transferring the balance from the other CC over to this one.  However, on the website the BT rate offer has a disclaimer saying "not all customers will qualify for this rate."  Does this mean they will do a credit check?  I don't want any inquiries on my credit right now for fear of lowering my FICO (applying for a mortgage soon)...but I am tired of paying out the nose in interest rates :-(.

i did a bt and it was just a soft inq

i guess it just for accounts in good standing 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.