cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take for a new credit card to appear on your Credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long does it take for a new credit card to appear on your Credit report?

I got approved for a  Hooters card last week and I don't see it on my credit report yet. Do I have to make a purchase with it as soon as it comes in the mail for it to go on the report? or will it appear without me charging on it first?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: how long does it take for a new credit card to appear on your Credit report?

cattracks wrote:
I got approved for a  Hooters card last week and I don't see it on my credit report yet. Do I have to make a purchase with it as soon as it comes in the mail for it to go on the report? or will it appear without me charging on it first?

This varies by CC company. Some report immediately, like Bank of America. Others can take several months. Store cards sometimes won't report until you buy something, but this should not be true of a bank card, like you have.

You might try calling them and asking when your statement will close. They might try to tell you your due date, which is different, so be sure to be clear that you want to know the statement date. Most cards (not all) update on the statement date. If Hooters does the same, you can expect it to show on your Experian report the next day, and on EQ and TU within a week. Generally. If things go well. If you cross your fingers and think happy thoughts. (i.e., they're poky)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.