cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does someone have to dispute a transaction on the PayPal credit card (synchrony bank)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long does someone have to dispute a transaction on the PayPal credit card (synchrony bank)?

did my first transaction on paypal via friends and family yesterday when i sold an item locally... in hindsight, it is very stupid but i feel like i could trust the person. they paid me on friends and family via their paypal credit card that is backed by synchrony bank. How long do they have to dispute their payment to me on their credit card? I read that it's 60 days, but wanted to confirm. thanks. I'm still ashamed of myself. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: how long does someone have to dispute a transaction on the PayPal credit card (synchrony bank)?

An excerpt from their T&C/Billing Rights section provides the following (depending on how the transaction was disputed):

You must contact us:

• Within 60 days after the error appeared on your statement.
  • At least 3 business days before an automated payment is scheduled, if you want to stop payment on the amount you think is wrong.

What Will Happen After We Receive Your Letter

When we receive your letter, we must do two things:

1. Within 30 days of receiving your letter, we must tell you that we received your letter. We will also tell you if we have already corrected the error.
  2. Within 90 days of receiving your letter, we must either correct the error or explain to you why we believe the bill is correct.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.