cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many capital one cards can you have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how many capital one cards can you have?

@Anonymous wrote:

off topic question, those who mentioned about capital ones doing soft pulls, how do you find out if a company soft pulled your credit report?

I formally used Identity Guard CMS and their reports listed all soft pulls.  Other CMS's costs less or was free; so, I cancelled my subscription.

https://secure.identityguard.com/LogonForm?storeId=10051

Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have 3 cards... I have 1 secured card about 5months ago, last month I applied for unsecured and get approval for both Quick Silver One and Journey Reward Card on the same day.

So its possible to get approved and get the card the same day. It happen to me and I can asure you this is a FACT. I recieved both cards 7-10 days after I was approved, both card arrived couple of days different.

Message 32 of 51
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

I have two quicksilvers and one Platinum MC. I chatted yesterday and was told you can have as many as you want.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Florida1990 wrote:

I have two quicksilvers and one Platinum MC. I chatted yesterday and was told you can have as many as you want.

This whole thread is a classic case of YMMV. One person was told on chat you can have 5, you were told you can have as many as you want, the website says 2 or 5 depending on which app you're looking at. Lol

Message 34 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have three - QS1, Platinum and a Secured Card.

Some people say 2, others say 5.

Message 35 of 51
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

i would take a guess that the most they WANT you to have is 3 but could be more if they are co-branded....but it really is a YMMV situation

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 36 of 51
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I already have two and I just got two prequal offers for the classic platinum and QS1

Personal:

Business:

Message 37 of 51
ddemari
Super Contributor

I recommend not opening duplicate cap1 cards because they usually do not grow with u. Wait until you qualify for a different card with them. Unless u really want it.
Message 38 of 51
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
I recommend not opening duplicate cap1 cards because they usually do not grow with u. Wait until you qualify for a different card with them. Unless u really want it.

No worries there. I'm just saying if I got approved for those that'd be 4 cards. One thing I may do is when my CL's are higher I may app for the Quicksilver Visa to make it my first Siggy. I PC'd the two I have in my Sig so they're both MC's.

Personal:

Business:

Message 39 of 51
ddemari
Super Contributor

Fore sure, check the prequal site from time to time, if you see an offer for QuickSilver Visa, take it! 

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.