Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many inquiries arw too many?

tag
nishant1
New Contributor

Re: how many inquiries arw too many?

In December I got approved for 6 out of 6 credit cards applied for . These were my 17th through 22nd cards after which I have stopped.

These 5 include PenFed, US Cash +, Citi, Chase and two store cards. The tally excludes Discover more changed to Discover IT.

I also refinanced my home in last two months to get mortgage rate of 2.7%, zero points for 15 years fixed. The mortgage is from local credit union.

Message 21 of 35
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Your overall credit profile will determine how much inquiries impact your score.  For me, the first 3-4 inquiries will impact my score.  After that, it's not going to be dinged anymore.

You're not talking huge impact on scores either...maybe 10 points max.  

I'd say 20 is bordering on too many, but as one of the earlier posters has said, as long as you keep getting approved, who cares?  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 22 of 35
coroc
Valued Member

Thanks for the information. I didnt know after a certain amount of inquiries they stop effecting u. I cant believe somd people have so manh inquiries omg
On my way! $FG
Message 23 of 35
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

My FICO actually dropped 51 points after I hit 29 inquires due to auto loan applications. LOL. My until is at 19% and I have balance on 3 cards. YMMV.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 24 of 35
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I'd imagine you'll be rebucketed soon for all those inquiries.  I believe all auto credit inquiries are reclassified as one if they're within 30 days of each other.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 25 of 35
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Hopefully my FICO will jump back up. Had to update my scores to reflect my current FICO profile Smiley Sad

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

when you start getting turned down for credit because of "too many inquiries," you have too many inquiries.  

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious, any "inquiry friendly" EQ Prime Card pullers out there?

Message 28 of 35
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

I'd imagine you'll be rebucketed soon for all those inquiries.  I believe all auto credit inquiries are reclassified as one if they're within 30 days of each other.  

Yeah I thought that too and liberally shopped for an auto loan. Four auto loan inquiries total and even after 6 months I still have to explain them to lenders. Still (and apparently always will) appear as four inquiries. They never question the 13 other inquiries in less than 9 months for major credit cards and that makes me chuckle a bit. 

Message 29 of 35
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Inquires are a YMMV thing. I have 8 on EX and I think that's a lot

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.