cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much will a closed card decrease my score?

tag
HornsFan
Valued Member

how much will a closed card decrease my score?

Chase recently closed my freedom card citing I had another account in collections, and a bunch of other bs....anyways, i'm wondering how much it'll negatively affect my score, and what it will say...."card closed by lender" or something tot hat effect? thanks in advance. nate
MyFico l Equi - 784 l Exp - 752 l Trans - 786

[as of 7/13/2008]
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: how much will a closed card decrease my score?

You may be in luck with Chase.  DH has an acct closed by Chase for a BS reason.

It says CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR

Fortunately, it still reports the original credit line of $5300 and he has a bit of a balance we're paying off.  I've seen some cards report the original credit line of $0.00 and that's murder.

Message 2 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

this happened to me on my chase account and it lists the high credit (not cl) , current balance and says "account cancelled by credit grantor"
Message 3 of 8
HornsFan
Valued Member

thanks y'all are awesome!

[as of 7/13/2008]
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could be wrong but isn't closed by grantor the one you don't want on your report?
Message 5 of 8
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

the comment itself wont effect your score but surely isnt favorable when having a manual review. i read an article that said since accounts are closed frequently by consumers and grantors that it really has become more common to see such a notation and the pay history of the account is what matters.
Message 6 of 8
HornsFan
Valued Member

the payment history was excellent and went over limit once, but ws still paid to zero...it wasn't by choice, they just closed it on me....my sandbox sorta thing....

[as of 7/13/2008]
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Please read my siggy.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.