Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get JP Morgan Reserve Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to get JP Morgan Reserve Credit Card

I started banking with Chase in 2016. Now I'm CPC and have management account with JP Morgan. Does anyone know if there are any ways to apply for jp morgan reserve? 

28 REPLIES 28
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: how to get JP Morgan Reserve Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

I started banking with Chase in 2016. Now I'm CPC and have management account with JP Morgan. Does anyone know if there are any ways to apply for jp morgan reserve? 

This is why you have a personal banker under the CPC program -- so you have somebody to ask these questions!

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called chase credit card, they told me JP Morgan Reserve application is invitation only. I called CPC line, they said there are people with CPC and got this card, but I need to talk to my designated banker. Does anyone have experiences?

Message 3 of 29
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I don't have personal experience, but I have a friend who uses her private banker quite heavily and says they can open all kinds of doors for you.  This is why you're a CPC.  Use your benefits!

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't talked to my personal banker yet, just called the 24 hours line. Because I just started the investment last month. 

Message 5 of 29
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Do it tomorrow morning, and you will have a better answer than you will get from us.

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

I don't have personal experience, but I have a friend who uses her private banker quite heavily and says they can open all kinds of doors for you.  This is why you're a CPC.  Use your benefits!

Do you know the minimum balance needed to have to talk about this card?

Message 7 of 29
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

That would be a good question to ask your private banker.

Message 8 of 29
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Google says you need $10 million or more to get the card, but others have said that isn't true. When you find out from your personal banker, please let us know.

Message 9 of 29
wasCB14
Super Contributor

JPMR is the successor to Palladium. People who had open Palladium cards were PCed to JPMR. Palladium is closed to new applications (and no longer exists).

However, the requirements to apply for JPMR are higher than they were for Palladium. Some people got Palladium when they were at the CPC tier and now have JPMR with far less than $10 million.

The biggest difference IMO between CSR and JPMR is really the United Club membership...if JPMR still includes that.*

There is also JPM Private Client Direct between the CPC and JPM Private Bank tiers. That's where they keep me, perhaps through some IT glitch about an old (now closed) brokerage account (or in hope I'll return). No JPMR or United Club membership, but special customer service (the Executive team) beyond the Sapphire people.

Curiously, JPMR's concierge service was (last I read) a less premium service than included on the Ritz cobrand.

*A June post on FT says it's still included.

**The fact that they made an additional tier (JPMPCD) for customers between CPC and JPMPB leads me to think CPC requests for JPMR are not likely to go anywhere.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.