Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hsbc going to plain cards now no more designs on the card

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

hsbc going to plain cards now no more designs on the card

I had my orchard bank cards for 3 years and i always got to pick my design on it.   i got my new card in the mail because my old one is about to expire and its plain brown and it says platinum on top of it that is all it says.  i called and talked to customer service and they said its a buisness decision and all the cards are going to this now.  it dosent even orchard bank and i used to have the premium platinum card now it just says platinum .all these company buisness decisions are getting horrible lately. i cant get in increase i cant get a design on my card whats next hsbc.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
haiti222
Contributor

Re: hsbc going to plain cards now no more designs on the card

With no CLIs for so long, and decisions like this, it seems HSBC is in run-down mode. They would like to sell the whole thing in the US, but can't find anyone to buy it..

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

I had my orchard bank cards for 3 years and i always got to pick my design on it.   i got my new card in the mail because my old one is about to expire and its plain brown and it says platinum on top of it that is all it says.  i called and talked to customer service and they said its a buisness decision and all the cards are going to this now.  it dosent even orchard bank and i used to have the premium platinum card now it just says platinum .all these company buisness decisions are getting horrible lately. i cant get in increase i cant get a design on my card whats next hsbc.

Yeah, HSBC never has been the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Still, it is good for rebuilding.  I think they are feeling stress, though, because now so many other banks -- and especially credit unions -- are in the secured card game and have even lower annual fees and better service.

Message 3 of 10
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

i don't think the look of a card should really matter i personally care only about how they treat me and how much limit they give me

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 4 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

Cost cutting measure perhaps?  Better than being socked with more fees and higher APRs to increase profits. 

Message 5 of 10
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

well i am just fruistratied i worked these cards into good cards over the last 3 years i have one thats 6050 and one that is 5000 no annual fee and 14 percent intertest and two percent cash back on both.  these are better benefits then most cards out there and i wanted to keep expanding them but now i am stuck with no credit line increases for almost a year and four months and now the designs what will be next i wonder hsbc must be losing money or in trouble.

Message 6 of 10
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

I don't think that there in too much trouble they are the WORLDS 6th largest bank I think there just slowly moving away from the subprime market and that's very nice limits so do you bank at hsbc because I haven't seen any rewards cards that were offered (besides bbrz best buy) to non account holders in a couple of years and if your not got to us.hsbc.com open a savings with like $25 and then you can possibly pc to another one of there 5 cards as long as your scores are in the high 600's

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

Cost cutting measure perhaps?  Better than being socked with more fees and higher APRs to increase profits. 

The vast majority of new applicants are already paying anywhere from $20 to $60 in AF.  How much higher can it get?

And I seriously doubt many, if any, have a 7.99% APR.

Orchard is good for one thing ... and one thing only: Obtaining a positive tradeline for a year or two until you can get a card that is not -- or even less -- subprime.

Message 8 of 10
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

right but since i worked these cards really good they are better then some of my other cards. i have over 11 g on two accounts and no af and 2 percent cash back .  no i dont bank there i have just been working my up these are orchard bank but these arent prime cards these are there peremium platinum cards.  they offered these bout 3 years ago and my credit was good enough to get them .  and i got increase bout every six monnths on both cards and i worked these cards to healthy trade lines. and now my score is over 717 problem is i dont want to get rid of them becuase i have 3 years pay history but i want to grow these more so i hope they start doing clis again.  its been almost one year and 3 mos since they stopped doing them

Message 9 of 10
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

right but since i worked these cards really good they are better then some of my other cards. i have over 11 g on two accounts and no af and 2 percent cash back .  no i dont bank there i have just been working my up these are orchard bank but these arent prime cards these are there peremium platinum cards.  they offered these bout 3 years ago and my credit was good enough to get them .  and i got increase bout every six monnths on both cards and i worked these cards to healthy trade lines. and now my score is over 717 problem is i dont want to get rid of them becuase i have 3 years pay history but i want to grow these more so i hope they start doing clis again.  its been almost one year and 3 mos since they stopped doing them

If you have a card that has no annual fee and gives you a straight 2% cashback on all purchases, you should not get rid of it even if they don't give you another CLI for the next 20 years.  It's not like the CLs you have on them are that low anyway.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.