Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am just curious about apping

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i am just curious about apping

@iwantafabulousfico omgoodness!!! same here!!!! I keep telling him step by step what he can do and he just keeps postponing it.
Message 141 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gotten to the point where credit apps that come back denied say I have an excessive amount of credit so I think that's kind of putting things into perspective for me. I'm about to switch into internship mode for my graduate degree making only $21k, and yet I'll have $22k available in credit. There's really no need for all of this.
Message 142 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the credit cards I acquired last year were well chosen. I just chose well… too many. The score drops do not tick me off like a denial for a card I should easily have gotten with same score no new accts. Blisspay, Marvel would be my personal examples
Message 143 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jay you were looking at credit limits wrong if your limit is 21000 never ever charge up more than 4,500. It's like the red line on a car you don't go that high the happy area is way down below
Message 144 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a $21k card you can charge up to $21k on it if you want. Just pay it down to under 30% before the statement cuts so it doesn't report that high. I think the more common misconception is people thinking they can only use 30% of their credit limit before hurting their score but that simply isn't true. You can use 100% but just pay it down. The bureaus only see the statement balance, not the total high you've ever had.
Message 145 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.