cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i got approved hsbc cc with $ 79 annual fee

tag
iras

i got approved hsbc cc with $ 79 annual fee

i've been approved for hsbc cc with $ 79 annual fee is that a good deal and i dont know how much my credit limit...TU :668 EQ:615 credit history less than a year
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Re: i got approved hsbc cc with $ 79 annual fee

Not really, are you rebuilding your credit? If you are, then it will help but they usually will never drop the AF.Do you have any other cards?  You probably got $300 or $500 for a credit limit, more if your lucky but that seems to be their standard.

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Call them and tell them you dont want to pay the AF and ask them to talk to Customer Retention Dept. There you can ask for reduced AF and more Credit Limit.
Message 3 of 5
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@iras wrote:
i've been approved for hsbc cc with $ 79 annual fee is that a good deal and i dont know how much my credit limit...TU :668 EQ:615 credit history less than a year

Not a good deal at all. Call them and ask them to give you the account without AF or you don't want it. They are cutting limits for customers they have had for years and are doing this to make money and it does YOU no good. Don't get caught up with them and then regret it later, just walk away from it now.

Granted with your limited credit history it will be hard to get any better cards but this is just awful, you can do better than this if you tried the evil Chase or go with Discover student cards or BofA student cards. How much limit did they give you, can't be any more than $500 or tops $750.

Message Edited by Guardian on 03-09-2009 06:49 PM

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 4 of 5
iras

i have limited credit history,less than a year.i have capital one cc without AF wit 11 % apr and thats the only cc that i have right now.HSBC that i just applied have 2 % cash back i called them and they said its not in their data yet i need to call back tomorrow.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.