Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need a card

tag
babymixer
Regular Contributor

i need a card

Hi there,

What do you think I could apply for with my scores below.

I have AAoA of 2 years.  My oldest account is 3.5 years old.  No collections.  Excellent repayment history, not one late,  2 revolving accounts.  Credit utilization 1%. Education loan and Auto loan, both in good standing.  Have secured credit card with BofA.

5 inq on Exp.  4 from car loan shopping on the same day that was done in July of this year and 1 thats about to fall off this coming feb

4 inq on TU . The same 4 inquiries as above.

0 inq on Equ

Unfortunately, I also have a satisfied paid lien that reflects on all 3 reports.

With this data, what lender do you think would be willing to take the risk on me?

TIA

cc's copy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Re: i need a card

Anyone?  No credit card experts that could point me in the right direction?  Smiley Sad

cc's copy
Message 2 of 6
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Even though your inquiries are from shopping car rates...you wait til Jan and those inquiries will age 6 months. Even though you only have 5 inquiries on your EX report...they are dated since July so wait out 6 months.

I would say give Amex Zync a shot after 6 months and Amex will pull EX. If they don't like EX, they may pull TU...not 100% sure but pretty confident that will be the case. So the bottom line is.....make sure you have no inquiries on your EX/TU report for a good clean 6 months than app Zync.

Once you get Zync...than app for one of their revolving CC after 6 months of getting the Zync.

If Amex is not the route you want to take, try CITI...but stay away from Chase/Discover. They are tough imo and their starting CL is not generous. What you are doing here is...you wanna set yourself up to where 1.5-2yrs from now, you can get a nice prime card with great rewards and a nice starting CL. Patience and baby steps is what you need right now. GL.

Message 3 of 6
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for your input...

I definitely want prime lender cards so I suppose I could just wait another 6 months or so.  I have zero interest in collecting a tons of cards, 3 at best.  Visa (which I already have), Mastercard and Amex.  If waiting is what it'll take then I'd happily do so. 

Does anyone else have any other input?  What are good Mastercard cards?  I got an offer for the Capital One Cash Rewards (the green one) the other day. It's mastercard but don't know if this is a good offer.  Also it states that you have to have 'excellent credit' on the website to qualify.  hmmm... The only neg I have is the satisfied lien BUT in my book it's a pretty big neg... 

I am traveling soon internationally and the no foreign transaction fee seems alluring to me right now... Any thoughts on this card?

cc's copy
Message 4 of 6
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@babymixer wrote:

Thanks so much for your input...

I definitely want prime lender cards so I suppose I could just wait another 6 months or so.  I have zero interest in collecting a tons of cards, 3 at best.  Visa (which I already have), Mastercard and Amex.  If waiting is what it'll take then I'd happily do so. 

Does anyone else have any other input?  What are good Mastercard cards?  I got an offer for the Capital One Cash Rewards (the green one) the other day. It's mastercard but don't know if this is a good offer.  Also it states that you have to have 'excellent credit' on the website to qualify.  hmmm... The only neg I have is the satisfied lien BUT in my book it's a pretty big neg... 

I am traveling soon internationally and the no foreign transaction fee seems alluring to me right now... Any thoughts on this card?

i would go to the amex site and try the pre qual.. its a soft hit

Message 5 of 6
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 will pull all 3 CBs...for a small CL. I guess if you gotta have it now than pull the trigger. But imo...it's best to wait it out and app for a card that pull 1 inquiry. Because your AAoA is short...your not going to get anything substantial imo. It's not even worth 3 HPs for a $500 CL from Cap 1. You already have 2 cards...use those, PIF and let them age, in 6 months, try CITI, Amex, Discover than Chase or BOFA. Until than, find something else to scratch......

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.