Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i reallyyyyy want chase sapphire preffered

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: i reallyyyyy want chase sapphire preffered

@drkaje wrote:

Chase seems fairly open about liking income to be above $50K for their Signature and Preferred products.

Even with a good score and clean history, my Freedom isn't eligible for Signature upgrade. I'd qualify using household income but don't feel doing that should be necessary.

50k isn't even that much. Given the AF, you'd have to run most of your after-tax spending through it to get any decent return. This isn't even assuming the number of expenses that aren't chargable through a credit card.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 13
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Chase seems fairly open about liking income to be above $50K for their Signature and Preferred products.

Even with a good score and clean history, my Freedom isn't eligible for Signature upgrade. I'd qualify using household income but don't feel doing that should be necessary.

50k isn't even that much. Given the AF, you'd have to run most of your after-tax spending through it to get any decent return. This isn't even assuming the number of expenses that aren't chargable through a credit card.

I got 117$ in straight cash back (not the 1.25% for travel) on my first statement, another 35$ on my second statement that just cut.  I can get double that out of the points when I redeem them for a couple of F seats to Thailand next year.

The trick run all of your spend through it and use the UR mall as much as you can.

BTW... Congrats on your 1,000th post

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I have to agree with the other posters. Wait till your current Chase ages to 6 mos.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.