Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im thinking chase priority club

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

im thinking chase priority club

im thinking this will be my next card. Im wondering why its not talked about that much in the credit world, it seems like a win win to me.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/ihg-credit-card.aspx?OCELL=682Q

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: im thinking chase priority club

if you stay at priority club hotels a couple of times a year this card will pay for it's self in no time, I think most people just don't want to be tied to one hotel chain where there are so many out there

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 6
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Might be one of the best hotel cards out there based on AF and one free night per year worldwide. Point bonus for signing is good. I am happy I got the card. 

Message 3 of 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

99% of the time, I stay at priority club hotels.

Love the chain. I to hope to have a related car at some point.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 6
djrez4
Established Contributor

Priority Club just changed their benefits and redemption rates.

link

Message 5 of 6
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I think it's not as well-known because PC doesn't have that many aspirational properties when compared to some of the other major players out there. Yes they have IC, but it has its own loyalty-benefits program (Ambassador) which is somewhat seperate from PC. Some of the major weaknesses of PC are:

* Seperate Priority Club and IC Ambassador programs. If you want Ambassador you need to pay $200 for it, or you can renew it for 32k points.

* Small number of high-end aspirational properties through PC

* Virtually non-existant elite benefits with PC, even at the platinum level

* Properties don't have to honor any elite benefits on award stays

* International IC hotels only offer 2000 points per stay regardless of location, stay duration or total amount spent

* PC points aren't worth very much, which makes the card a poor choice for general spending.

The main selling point of the card is the annual free night. Beyond that PC platinum doesn't get you much, there's no EMV chip, and there are better alternatives to put spending on.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.