Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impulse.

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: impulse.

While on vacation I recently lost my wallet with my Disc More Dog Bones card in it.  I called to report it lost/stolen and was a bit freaked because I was left with ZERO cards, except my Discover2Go keychain card.  The CSR was able to deactivate JUST the Dog Bones design and let the 2Go and the Blue Circles (sockdrawered) stay active.  This was a relief because I  at least had a CC with me -- even if some cashiers weren't sure how to use it.  LOL

Just another reason why I love Discover.  Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 31 of 55
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
As I understand it, you can have several cards simultaneously, all with the same account number.

This is very true. My GF has 2 Discover cards with separate designs. Both are functional.
Here we go again...
Message 32 of 55
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
While on vacation I recently lost my wallet with my Disc More Dog Bones card in it.  I called to report it lost/stolen and was a bit freaked because I was left with ZERO cards, except my Discover2Go keychain card.  The CSR was able to deactivate JUST the Dog Bones design and let the 2Go and the Blue Circles (sockdrawered) stay active.  This was a relief because I  at least had a CC with me -- even if some cashiers weren't sure how to use it.  LOL

Did you say keychain card Peas? Happen to have a link to it? I'd like to see that.
Here we go again...
Message 33 of 55
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Did you say keychain card Peas? Happen to have a link to it? I'd like to see that.

http://www.discover2go.com/discover/data/d2go/homeanipop.html
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 34 of 55
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Huh, I was picturing a typical shaped keychain card with paywave or something similar.  I haven't seen those on Discover's site, though I have gotten emails about it.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 55
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

thrasher865 wrote:
Huh, I was picturing a typical shaped keychain card with paywave or something similar.  I haven't seen those on Discover's site, though I have gotten emails about it.

It's a bit bulky, but I'm sticking with it.  Smiley Wink

Heh, of course, it allowed me to pay for my hotel room after everything else was gone! 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 36 of 55
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Thanks Peas! It does raise a couple of concerns though. Like if you lose your keys, someone may gain access to your CC, likewise if you were to get carjacked.

Is it simply for the convenience of not having to dig through your wallet every time? Does it do blink transactions?
Here we go again...
Message 37 of 55
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Thanks Peas! It does raise a couple of concerns though. Like if you lose your keys, someone may gain access to your CC, likewise if you were to get carjacked.

Is it simply for the convenience of not having to dig through your wallet every time? Does it do blink transactions?

Convenience.  I often forget I have it, tho.  It's much easier for me to just drag out the wallet.  (Well, it was when I had one, lol.  I'm living out of a little pouch at the moment.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 38 of 55
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Convenience.  I often forget I have it, tho.  It's much easier for me to just drag out the wallet.  (Well, it was when I had one, lol.  I'm living out of a little pouch at the moment.)

Lost your wallet in Vegas? I understand, paying back the cash advances can get old quick Smiley Wink

J/K of course.
Here we go again...
Message 39 of 55
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Lost your wallet in Vegas? I understand, paying back the cash advances can get old quick Smiley Wink

J/K of course.

LOL, different vacation - just a quickie trip to visit a former co-worker.  Am I a jet-setter or what?

I only took ONE cash advance, sheesh!  And that was directly from my money market acct!  Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.