Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impulse.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: impulse.

Oh god those keychains! I'm a server and our restaurant's systems are outdated. It can be very difficult swiping those buggers! Smiley Tongue
Message 41 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I really like that.  I have a BofA card on my keys now for emergencies. I HAVE left my wallet at home before and it was a heck of a lot better than turning around to drive 45 minutes back and forth again. I don't worry to much about people finding it if i lost my keys. I figure the risk is about the same of my losing my wallet and you have to carry your card somewhere.

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
While on vacation I recently lost my wallet with my Disc More Dog Bones card in it.  I called to report it lost/stolen and was a bit freaked because I was left with ZERO cards, except my Discover2Go keychain card.  The CSR was able to deactivate JUST the Dog Bones design and let the 2Go and the Blue Circles (sockdrawered) stay active.  This was a relief because I  at least had a CC with me -- even if some cashiers weren't sure how to use it.  LOL

Just another reason why I love Discover.  Smiley Wink

Did you say keychain card Peas? Happen to have a link to it? I'd like to see that.

http://www.discover2go.com/discover/data/d2go/homeanipop.html

Message 42 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keychains are a pain in the neck. They don't work half the time. I worked at a gas station in college and the Ruby's we used could not scan them. The card acceptance procedure called for a non-scannable card that was manually entered to be imprinted (prove the card was present), which you obviously can't do very easily.

If I remember my high school days at the grocery store, they didn't scan very well either.

Discover should just get with the program and replace them with the RFID keychain tags.

Message Edited by jessep28 on 07-24-2008 09:36 AM
Message 43 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I've never had any trouble with mine. Though the BofA keychain card is a decent size and shaped just like a scaled down card. It scans fine for me the times I have used it.  The discover keychain shown in the link was def. a strange shaped contraption.

I have read that those RFID cards are easily hacked. Is that true?
Message 44 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now the BoA keychains are ADORABLE... just really easy to lose and hard to find. Smiley Happy
Message 45 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I *DID* get approved for the Open Road! Awesome. =]

We're excited to have you as our newest cardmember. Take your new Discover Open Road Card along for the ride - everywhere the road takes you - and get more out of every mile.

5% Cashback Bonus on gas and everyday auto maintenance
purchases

5% to 20% Cashback Bonus at our 100 top online retailers through ShopDiscover

Up to 1% Cashback Bonus on everything else you buy

Unlimited rewards

Best-in-class benefits, including the most complete package of free travel benefits offered by any no-annual-fee credit card, 24/7 access to experienced Account Managers and $0 fraud liability

Activate your card as soon as you receive it by calling the number on your card from your home phone. Then start using your Discover Open Road Card for purchases that you make every day.

Visit Discover.com to learn more. We look forward to serving you.
Message 46 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew it. Congrats!  What's your CL? If it didn't say, you can call their basic customer service number and they will tell you. The CRS's are SOOOOO nice!
Message 47 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really shy haha. I'm assuming it's gotta be around 2-4k. I heard Discover is not very generous with CL.

Neither is Citi. Smiley Sad
Message 48 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so anxious! I can't wait to get my hands around this baby. I need to gas up ASAP hehe.
Message 49 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine took a week.  I just got it yesterday.
Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.