cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inquiries

tag
cynthiatoy3

Re: inquiries

WoW!  Did not know you could have a lot of inquires and still get approved.  I heard it brings down your credit score is that true?

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 636
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 46
Trinity08
New Contributor

Wow. I'm waiting till the end of the year to let just TWO inquiries drop off cuz I'm concerned but maybe I shouldn't be. 

Amazon Visa-6K/BR Visa-8K/Sportman's Guide-5.3K/ON Visa-4.8K/Amazon Store-4750/Walmart Store-3300/VS-1800/Target-500

Experian 745(11/25/14) Equifax-736(06/18/14) Transunion 740 (via Walmart)(11/17/14)
Message 42 of 46
cakebuilder
New Contributor

inqueries are so stupid. i shopped for a car 2 years ago. i ended up running my credit twice at 2 dealers as a result. what non-sense, really....i couldnt get a true value unless i ran my credit and then i was stuck with 2 HPs. what a joke of a system (CB AND dealer wise)

.......$23k....................$8k......................$2k

Current FICO EQ: 775, EX: 764 | Current FAKO CK: 788

Message 43 of 46
cakebuilder
New Contributor

not to mention that adding a 3rd hp at another dealer prevented me from further shopping, thus potentially getting a better price. 

.......$23k....................$8k......................$2k

Current FICO EQ: 775, EX: 764 | Current FAKO CK: 788

Message 44 of 46
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

But they approved all my 3 cards within 45 days, no recon. So can't really blame themSmiley Surprised

Approved mine too but my first the Freedom was with 22,99%APR...that is insane with a 793 EQ at that time....the 2nd all the sudden got me 16K starting limit...so my internal score must have improved I guess Smiley Happy

I was always in $5K mode.. Lol!! 

May be we have BIG income difference, I suppose...

I think it is time that got me higher CL....apps in spree got me 2,5 for Discover, 4K Freedom, 5K Amex, 5K  Cap1 .....once I spaced out 3-6 months I got higher CLs and best terms. I am on a 6 months turn right now....will see if that plan will work for Sallie Mae in June. Cash+ I am going to attack once most inq have fallen off and before a new Chase app as this will be again a double pull for me....do not expect a miracle from Chase..ha ha ha

Message 45 of 46
ccole93
New Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Oh! I thought you had all 4 with chase. But trust me they have some of the good cards in the market.

What is Amex GP means? PRG?

Yeah, sorry, haha. Smiley Tongue I'm not very good with the acronyms!

From left to right: NPSL; $10k; $6.2k; $4.5k; $4k; $3.5k; $2.75k; $2.3k
Other CCs: $2.5k American Eagle Visa, $2.2k Old Navy Visa, $1.7k Amazon Store; $1.55k BillMeLater; $800 B&N CC; $750 A&F CC
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.