Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instant approval Discover More

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

instant approval Discover More

I been thinking of  applying for this card for some time. glade I waited.

in July I transfered  $1465 to a %6.99 no fee ofer to a case biz card that had zero balance making the debt to appear paid off, my billing cycle on the card I was tranfering was changing so I never got a augest statement, so te balance didn't get reported to this month.

friday I i got two pr-selected offers , Amex blue (Trash) and Discover More.

I have to say I don't know who they soft inquiry or  the  who they hard inquired yet , but I'm pretty sure neither where EQ , I have have learned that EQ doesn't manage my credit file but CSC or who ever they contract does , those idoits haven't updated and still showing the $1463 debt

EQ is normal my highest score cause it's never had a hard inquiry  this month my creditexpert(Citii) fakos are EQ 741  EX 752 TU 765 . to get feel of how off these fakos are, when I trialed SW in June my Fico EQ was 733 my fako was 739 , not bad I think.

I was a little on  edged about applying, I was thinking ok I luck out on the soft pull then watch them pull EQ
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: instant approval Discover More

What is your question?Smiley Wink Is it that you wonder if you should app?
Message 2 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This isn't your main question, but if it helps any, Discover posted my new AU status on Experian--hasn't shown up on the others yet. So I guess that means they use EX? It wasn't an inquiry, though, just an update on a new credit line.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
This isn't your main question, but if it helps any, Discover posted my new AU status on Experian--hasn't shown up on the others yet. So I guess that means they use EX? It wasn't an inquiry, though, just an update on a new credit line.

EX is almost always the first CRA to update...they are real fast!
Message 4 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

fused111 wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote: This isn't your main question, but if it helps any, Discover posted my new AU status on Experian--hasn't shown up on the others yet. So I guess that means they use EX? It wasn't an inquiry, though, just an update on a new credit line.
EX is almost always the first CRA to update...they are real fast!

The first, and the worst? from what I've heard from people trying to correct errors

Yes! EX is very evil!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't was clear I did apply and was approved , I just saying I'm pretty sure they didn't pull EQ  for hard , I would expect a diffrent outcome            they offer 0% BT life of balance and wouldn't have to start making purchases til aug 08, but want I want to use the card

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 09-16-2007 08:28 PM
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like you've snagged the holy grail of cards. congrats!
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

tomorrow I'm calling them to see if they can give me the eagle card design the applicatoin only had silver horizens, see it I can get my closing date to be the 1st, and if I can signup for ACH auto payment online or if they have to send me te application, and hope they offer me a incentive to use the card back in july when I call chase to lower my rate on my amazon card, before I got off the they offer me if I charged 4 things in the 30 day they send me $10 amazon gift cert , when it arrived this month it turned out to be $20
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take from the time that you were added till the time it showed on Experian. I have been waiting on a Discovercard AU to show up on my report. Once it hits my experian I know that it won't be long before it hits my Equifax.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

yesterday I got  an alert that they pull EQ.

So I bought my FICO score and it was 751 with the inquery  and correct balances.

when I pull my reports on the 7th EX and TU had my balances current. EQ didn't. including the $1463 balance on a 2K CC I've paid down to $0

Well Found out I have to dispute with CSC, couldn't get the website to work.

SO I accepted the the pre-selected on the 16th praying they don't pull EQ

so 17th I finnal get the dispute done two days later everything is correct, so I hoping EQ update between the 7th and the 16th.

I calling Discover to see if they still have the report and ask what balance the account is , if it wasn't showing as $0 I'm going to ask to reconsider my initial rate and CL as that balance wa a real score killer
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.