Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is crown jewelers hard to get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is crown jewelers hard to get?

Hi everyone

It seems my credit is slooowly creeping up.  But I have very few open accounts.  I am wondering if I should try to open a new TL.   

EX is my best score and I am in Florida.  Any suggestions??
Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is crown jewelers hard to get?

neednewcredit wrote:
Hi everyone

It seems my credit is slooowly creeping up.  But I have very few open accounts.  I am wondering if I should try to open a new TL.   

EX is my best score and I am in Florida.  Any suggestions??
Thanks!

Suggestions would depend on your scores and history / baddies / etc.  You haven't provided enough information to give any recommendations.

To answer the question in your thread's title: Crown Jewelers will give a $1500 line to anyone who can prove they have a job.  They do not do a credit check to open an account, they will not report unless you make a purchase, and they do not report to EQ at all.

Message 2 of 6
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

CJ is incredibly easy to get, you do have to make a purchase before they'll report though.  As for the rest I don't know a lot about FL but my EX inq's are BofA, HSBC (Orchard secured card), and Amex (I app'd with them before signing up here just because I was bored at the airport and wanted the little pilot bear for my son lol).
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

my EQ is 552   EX  611   TU 490

I have 3 charged off accounts    
DOFD  7/2001    1563 balance
DOFD  6/2001    0 balance
DOFD  2/2005    o balance    paid 9/2005

Wells Fargo   never late   closed  DOLA 5/2002
Auto Loan   paid/closed   9/2005 was past due 60 days
Installment Loan  DOLA  8/2001  never late/closed
Installment Loan  DOLA  5/2000  never late/closed
dept store   paid as agreed 0 blance closed

I also have 5 collections

revolving account   limit 1000.00   balance  450.00 pays as agreed (was 30 days late 12/2006) open
cc    limit 900.00    balance 47.00     was 120 past due 4/2005    not late since  
cc    limit 400.00    balance  43.00    open/never late
installment  limit 2513.00  balance  985.00 opened 9/2006 never late
The last four accounts are really the only ones I have open

I am working on GW's and PFD's.  A couple of things will come off in a few months.
Looks pretty bad.....slow improvements are being made though.  Gotta keep focused.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest a secured card, either from Orchard or from a local CU.

I doubt you would qualify for BofA Secured or one of the other major lenders' secured cards.  Although Orchard won't grow with you, it is a decent option for a secured card if you can't get anything else because it has a low AF and won't kill you with other fees.

If you desperately need a positive TL, CJ is also an option.

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just spent $47.00 on my new Crown Jewelers card, think that's enough to be considered activated and get it to report to credit report!?!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.