Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

juniper lowers credit line

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

juniper lowers credit line

I just got email notification that I was approaching my max. News to me because last i checked I was well over $1000 below my limit. So I get online to check it only to find out that they cut my limit!! Account is in excellent standing with no payment ever late and no payment ever made at minimum due. I've always paid well above the min due. What's up with this?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: juniper lowers credit line

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got email notification that I was approaching my max. News to me because last i checked I was well over $1000 below my limit. So I get online to check it only to find out that they cut my limit!! Account is in excellent standing with no payment ever late and no payment ever made at minimum due. I've always paid well above the min due. What's up with this?

How much of your credit limit were you using every month? 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last statement (bill isn't even due until the 8th) i had used about a 3rd of it. I have busted my butt for the past year to repair my credit and as of December my scores finally reached 700. I've been able to purchase my home and all of my bills have remained in good standing. I understand this country is in the midst of a credit crisis, but do they really think they are going to help things by busting the paying customers. It's not that I want to max out the card..it's the fact that what they did just hit my util and probably plunged my score.

Message 3 of 7
21FOOTBALFIELDS
Established Member

its cld open season nowadays if your carrying more then 10%balance of ur limit....most individuals recommend not to carry a balance at all.. i'd say1/3 of your limit is too much in this day & time ..
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's ok. Just makes me more determined to be credit free (with the exception of the mortgage. I'll keep cc open for obvious reasons of having to have the history. That doesn't mean I have to do any more business with them.
Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@21FOOTBALFIELDS wrote:
its cld open season nowadays if your carrying more then 10%balance of ur limit....most individuals recommend not to carry a balance at all.. i'd say1/3 of your limit is too much in this day & time ..

I used my Sea Miles card at least every other month since I got it. I always charged in the neighborhood of 300-350 and always PIF before the statement cut. They chopped my down from 13K to a shade over 2K. I closed it. I don't agree that using more than 10% is looking for a CLD. Not using it at all will almost assuredly get you chopped down. In Juniper's case it was a blessing. I was looking for a reason to close the card anyway. I find having 5 major cards a lot easier to manage than 7 anyway.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I typically run mine up to 70% but PIF before the statement cuts. So far my Juniper is still intact. It's a %7.9 card so it's my best account. Maybe your mortgage is their issue?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.