Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

junny reply

tag
loubee
Regular Contributor

junny reply

well this is the response to my junny seamiles app, I got the in order to proceed your application we have written to you to provide additional information, so I called them and after speaking to 10 reps this is what I was told,  the letter is requesting me to send in a copy of my residency, yes I am a greencard holder blah blah blah, but ive searched every credit forum I can and  I cant find this request posted anywhere,....any comments junny holders?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: junny reply

Well, back in the day I didn't need my green card to get credit, but times have changed!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
loubee
Regular Contributor

midnight

thx for your reply

so you think this is normal? im nervous making copies of it and mailing it off
Message 3 of 11
loubee
Regular Contributor

bumpSmiley Surprised
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

residency could also mean that they need proof of your physical address...

something like a phone bill, or utility bill...
Message 5 of 11
loubee
Regular Contributor

hi my my, thx for your reply

the lady that I spoke with on friday from junny said that the letter that I would receive stated that it was to prove residancy, so I needed to send in a copy of my greencard, or if I had become natralised to usa then a copy of those papers, what I would like to know is does it come up that im a resident alien then? ive never in all the years ive had credit in this country been asked for this, thats why it threw me off when she said it, any thoughts or comments welcome,  im not normally in the process of copying my alein card and just mailing it off, unless its when im renewing my drivers lisence
Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Many lenders have gone nuts, thinking that they have to do this, that, and the other in response to the so-called Patriot Act. That might be what triggered your current problem. I can't speak to whether it's legal or not...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
loubee
Regular Contributor

thx hauling, for your reply

im legal here, hahaha, but I just feel uneasy about it, I will wait to get the letter in the mail, should be here monday/tuesday time frame,   then I will decide wether to send then it or not, shoot I get a discover one week and asked for my greencard the next, makes me nervous, but im like that anyway, as a greencard holder we are suposed to carry it with us at all times, I do, but dont like doing that either
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

loubee,

i still think that residency usually means proof of physical address  cuz, for me two card apps in the past year (BofA secured card AND JFCU) asked me to prove "residency" to please send proof of physical address...

however, on both these apps i made the mistake of using my PO box address, so this is what triggered the request of residency..

if you spoke to a CSR, and told them (or mentioned a green card) they could have ALSO, added that to what you need...maybe not just

anyway good luck!
Message 9 of 11
loubee
Regular Contributor

mymy
I didnot mention the greencard she did, unless the accent sent her mind into gear, lolololol
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.