cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just got instantly approved for two seperate credit line increases !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

just got instantly approved for two seperate credit line increases !

I am very happy as this should help my score. I asked my limit to be increased to 15K from 10K on a BOA credit card. I did it online. As soon as I submitted the SUBMIT button, it came back instantly with "congratualtions ! you have been approved for a credit line of 15K."  Man was that easy !

The other one was with Chase. I asked for a 4k increase.....it took 2 hours, but I check my online account 2 hours later and the increase was there...from 1k originally to now 5k.

So easy....very  happy.

I was about to do Capital One as well, but then read the horror stories here about them...so I said forget...I don't want any hard inquiries.

Thanks for the recommendations !
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: just got instantly approved for two seperate credit line increases !

congrats but chase cost you a hard.
BofA probably wasn't hard.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both!

firstinlastout wrote:

As soon as I submitted the SUBMIT button, it came back instantly with "congratualtions ! you have been approved for a credit line of 15K."  Man was that easy !

The other one was with Chase. I asked for a 4k increase.....it took 2 hours, but I check my online account 2 hours later and the increase was there...from 1k originally to now 5k.

So easy....very  happy.

Wow way to go on the increases!

firstinlastout wrote:

I was about to do Capital One as well, but then read the horror stories here about them...so I said forget...I don't want any hard inquiries.

Thanks for the recommendations !

LOL I dont blame you I would be scared myself!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

damnt ! really ? That sucks.  What should I expect...2 or 3 points lower ?

Now let me ask you this....I have 3 credit card accounts with chase. Since they already did a hard inquiry with one credit line increase....should I just go ahead and ask for an increase with the other two ?? 

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you might want to call and ask them that. I would think yes though
Message 5 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
you might want to call and ask them that. I would think yes though

I agree. You should call and ask and then let us know.

However, there is also the chance the CSR won't know what they are talking about though.

And congrats on the increases! 15k is a great CL. One that I was certain I would never ever see, until I started reading here on the fico forums.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them an online email via customer support asking for a "ACCURATE" answer due to home mortgage reasons. Let's see what they say. I will keep you all posted.

Ciao for now
Message 7 of 10
maestro
Valued Member

Chase no doubt will be a hard pull.

BOA will be a soft pull unless they advise you otherwise. 
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are all correct....here is the emai l got back from them in less than 2 hours :

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

Please be advised that when applying for a credit line
increase, we have to obtain a consumer credit report,
which is considered a hard inquiry.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Sean Molloy
E-mail Customer Service Representative

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates

So my question to you now is this...since I have 2 other accounts with them, should I go ahead and ask for increases for the 2 other ?  I should have just done them all at once... I know. But when I did it, I wasn't aware it would be a HARD pull.  What do you all think ? It's been less than 4 hours since the credit line increase request I got approved for. Should I do the other two credit card accounts now ? Will this be shown as an additional two hard pulls or will they see it as one hard pull for all three accounts since it was the same day ?!?!?
Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
You are all correct....here is the emai l got back from them in less than 2 hours :
Dear XXXXXXXXX:

Please be advised that when applying for a credit line
increase, we have to obtain a consumer credit report,
which is considered a hard inquiry.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Sean Molloy
E-mail Customer Service Representative

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates

So my question to you now is this...since I have 2 other accounts with them, should I go ahead and ask for increases for the 2 other ? I should have just done them all at once... I know. But when I did it, I wasn't aware it would be a HARD pull. What do you all think ? It's been less than 4 hours since the credit line increase request I got approved for. Should I do the other two credit card accounts now ? Will this be shown as an additional two hard pulls or will they see it as one hard pull for all three accounts since it was the same day ?!?!?

Yikes, had to reduce the font, there.

I think that you're in unexplored territory on this one. I don't remember anyone here going for multiple CLI's on Chase on the same day. Worth a try, but I would fully expect more hards.

Try calling CS, and asking immediately to speak to a supe. Don't complain about the first hard; sorry to say, but it's posted all over these forums that Chase hards for CLI's. But do ask whether they would hard you again if you tried for CLI's on the same date.

Even if the person you talk to says no, go for it, I still wouldn't be surprised if you got more inqs. CSR's say all sorts of things, and many of them mean it, but in the end, they will fall back on that policy of "we hard for CLI's."

Normally I would point out here that inqs don't affect your score that much, unless you're already in the upper 700's - 800's, but they might hurt you on future apps, yada yada. But you mentioned a mortgage, and I would definitely think long and hard about risking more inqs when you're headed toward a mortgage. If nothing else, be prepared to explain to the lender that you were not really looking for brand-new credit but were attempting to increase the credit on current accounts. good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.