cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping accounts alive

tag

keeping accounts alive

after hearing about a few people here and IRL having their accounts closed for inactivity in recent months, i started worrying about my own accounts that i haven't used in well over a year.

what are some of the best / easiest ways you have found to keep your cards / accounts active?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: keeping accounts alive

Small charge and auto pay. I used to leave Netflix on my oldest card that I no longer use (PNC). I switched it to my CF in January for the 5% bonus and then switched to my PSECU afterwards. I haven't decided if I'll let my PNC die or put something back on it, but small recurring charges with auto pay is the easiest way in my opinion.

Message 2 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@WalMartTrackSuit wrote:

after hearing about a few people here and IRL having their accounts closed for inactivity in recent months, i started worrying about my own accounts that i haven't used in well over a year.

what are some of the best / easiest ways you have found to keep your cards / accounts active?

Starbucks reload on the APP

Gas station Swipe

Amazon Gift card reload

Drive through Burger

and the most famous pack of gumSmiley Very Happy

ETA: Donate to a credible charity

I am sure there are plenty more .. to tired to think right about now..

Message 3 of 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

Message 4 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Amazon reloads, self checkout at stores, and recurring charges

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.