Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

looking for a credit card

Is it possible to get a credit card (any) with a Equifax of 619? I am rebuilding and really do not care what kind of card it is. Still have one item in collection.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Re: looking for a credit card

Household bank or maybe capitol 1  with a 619 score Ithink they both pull experian at least in my area ( Ohio )
2wheel
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out whogavemecredit.com  You can enter search parameters such as Experian = 619 +/-5 points.  Capital One seems to be coming up often.
Message 3 of 7
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@2wheel wrote:
Household bank or maybe capitol 1  with a 619 score Ithink they both pull experian at least in my area ( Ohio )

FYI, Cap 1 denied me with a score of 677 back in Feb '09.  I have the end of a bk still hanging on, due to drop off 7-09.  Seems they wont budge an inch on the bk.  Accordingly, when my cr is spotless in July,  I wont ask Cap 1 again, or ever.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Check with locally-based credit unions in your area. If you're not offended by the notion of a secured card, this would be a great way to get re-established with credit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
boosie1979
Valued Member

Pls check with a credit union. I am a member and started out with a secured card $300. They later approved me for an auto loan $18k and just today 05.29.09  approved me for an unsecured with a limit of $1,500.00 I had some blemishes "paid charge offs ", "medical collections" on my credit report but cleaned them up "Paid"

My score started out @ 520's almost a year ago and is now 648!! A few days ago I was denied for a Hooters and BOA. !!  I wish I would have just tried my CU first before the pulls. Check with a CU they are more forgiving!

Good Luck!

Message 6 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

LOCAL CREDIT UNION
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.