Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a new CC

tag
afijunkie
Contributor

looking for a new CC

Any ideas on what CC would approve me? I already have a Cap1& Discover.My scores are TU 631 EQ 638 EX 649
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: looking for a new CC

If i were u I would consider getting a cc through a credit union. I wish I would have went that route instead of getting stuck with a couple of cc that I don't want. Just make sure it's a card that you're gonna be happy with
Message 2 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Check out www.financeglobe.com and www.whogavemecredit.com. They should give listing of different cards and required fico scores for each card. My suggestion with this current economic trends dont go for new cards. You have discover which is a very good card.
Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good links, although financeglobe does tend to over-estimate needed scores. If you see a conflict between the two, you might lean more toward what you see on whogavemecredit. Assuming it gets back running again, that is!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I felt that financeglobe posting a higher score helps people who are borderline because they won't apply if they think they need to be higher and then don't get the inquiry. Some of us are suffering from that now. And Experian doesn't believe in actually investigating the inquiries, I have 10 which are not permissible purpose and can't get rid of them, then I have a few where I should have qualified but they decided I was a bad risk I guess because the 7 year old accounts.
Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good point! and since whogavemecredit is now down for the fourth day, they're the only game in town for the moment.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OP is looking to buy a house in the next year-

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im rebuilding my credit at the moment and I just got a secured card
from orchard bank a month ago. Should I apply for another credit card
right now? Or should I just stick to one?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would shoot for a chase.  My first credit card.  I have mixed feelings about how they handle their card operations...but they're pretty solid with what they deliver.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.