Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low apr for good credit?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

low apr for good credit?

I just applied for and recieved a CITI platinum plus card for $1600. I was hoping to use it for BT's in the future with the 0.0 for 21 months offer but the limit is too small to use. Are there any other cards I can try to get with a higher limit? I thought my FICO was going to drop but it raised to 710 after the account reported. My DTI is 2%, util is 7%.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: low apr for good credit?

I think you should call Citi and explain your situation with them, try to get them to raise the limit.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

I was going to call them but I was concerned they would do a hard pull whereas I could just use that hp for another card with better terms.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 3 of 7
Guava
Established Contributor

If call, I would state something like "Please let me know beforehand if you need to pull my CR to proceed"

Right now, I'd say 3 of the best balance transfer out there are Citi's:

- Citi Simplicity, 21 months (probably with $100 approval bonus)

- Citi Dividend World MC, 15 months

- Citi Forward for student, 12 months

Another great offer is from Discover, Discover More w/ 18 months 0 interest. So it's up to you, but I would at least take a shot at asking for a CLI for you current Citi card first.

edit: In my own experience, Citi has been very accommodating about CLI, good luck!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I just got the Citi Diamond Preferred with an 11.99 percent apr. Initial credit limit of 11k.
Message 5 of 7
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Don't forget the Citi Platinum Select offers 0% for 21 months as well.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

If you just applied for it, as in the last few days, they won't pull another report.  Just explain the situation reasoning for the request.  Of course verify that they won't do another pull but I would be shocked if they wanted to.  Usually only Amex does that for borderline cases.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.