cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lowes recon??...ideas, bd #'s?? any info is helpful!

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

lowes recon??...ideas, bd #'s?? any info is helpful!

any success with a lowes recon out there and what number did you use. I got denied, got their very informative letter about their internal scoring and called. Got a woman who spoke very poor english and she said once denied, its denied. Any luck you guys? I've had some recent approvals and a decent score. I would love to have this card in my arsenal. Help?? Smiley Happy

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: lowes recon??...ideas, bd #'s?? any info is helpful!

what reasons for the denial?

GE usually doesn't do recon's unless it's something that is incorrect.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 8
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I reconed my credit limit when I called to verify info, also got someone with a strong accent. Calling again and talking to someone else looks like the only way to go at this point.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 3 of 8
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

here are the reasons listed none of which are accurate except the collection which is in dispute:

LACK OF BANK REVOLVING INFORMATION
TOO FEW ACCOUNTS CURRENTLY PAID AS AGREED
ACCOUNTS IN COLLECTION OR 60 DAYS PAST DUE OR ADVERSE PUBLIC RECORDS

Can someone explain their internal scoring system? What is THAT about? Thanks guys...

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 4 of 8
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

What are your current CCs? Have you had GE before? lates on your report?

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 5 of 8
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

I have nothing negative besides the one collection from a 18 months ago.

I have about 6 paid closed ccs (before I knew about the forum) and reporting as positives.

I have one current car loan that has aged for about 5 months, never late always paid everything on time

at the time of app i did NOT have a CC reporting

Other updates:

I recently just got approved for a Walmart, USAA and cap1 (albeit secured), and an installment loan.   

Credit history since I was a teen

scores in sig

thoughts/ideas???

Message 6 of 8
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

You mentioned that from the 3 reasons for denial they gave you, only the collections was accurate.

Your score is good enough to get the card but the fact that you didn´t have any CC opened at the time of app is being considered as a drawback, hence the first 2 reasons have some backup evidence to rely on.

LACK OF BANK REVOLVING INFORMATION
TOO FEW ACCOUNTS CURRENTLY PAID AS AGREED

You could call again and said you opened other accs recently (probably sinking you deeper instead of keeping you afloat) but they have not reported yet. I would say 2 if I were you and didn´t want to waste the inquiry anyways.

Not many choices at this point. Besides that, you still have to work your way around the collection and 1 on 3 is a hard spot to be on.

Message 7 of 8
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

The reasons seem accurate to me...

You had no CC's reporting at time of app and only had a 5mth old loan. So that would cover the first 2 reasons right there. The collection would be the third reason.

You can try the backdoor numbers, but from my experience GE is not recon friendly.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.