Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: lowest vs. highest regular purchase APR

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@Lowest = Discover More @ 4.99 Var

This is amazing!

----------------------------------

Don't be too amazed, CWCID...It's not going to last much longer.

Just got the ratejack notice the other day, it's going to 12.something % in November. The explicit reason they gave on the written notice was the new federal regs.

Message 11 of 51
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@Lowest = Discover More @ 4.99 Var

This is amazing!

----------------------------------

Don't be too amazed, CWCID...It's not going to last much longer.

Just got the ratejack notice the other day, it's going to 12.something % in November. The explicit reason they gave on the written notice was the new federal regs.

A pretty lame reason if you ask me. Particularly when they are doling out new accounts at 11.99%. Were I you I would be making a call.

Message 12 of 51
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Maybe a lame reason, but an honest one, at least.

It beats the heck out of the Chase explanations some folks have posted here, such as the catch-all "something in your Experian credit report".

I usually PIF anyways, so it doesn't bug me all that much.

I won't rock the boat now, and just drift along 'til the seas are calmer.

Message 13 of 51
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I question everything.
Message 14 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me:

Citi Diamond: 8.25%

Citi Dividend: 13.24%

LOL I never noticed that Citi is both my highest and lowest! 

Almost all others are between 10 and 13%

Message 15 of 51
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@CWCID:

I know you do, and normally, I would too. But these are not normal times, and I'd prefer to save my fight for later on, when my opponents are fewer and farther between.

I expect that all the CC companies are getting calls by the tens of thousands every day. I'll skip the scripted responses for now, and wait for the time when they're not anticipating my call, and my request can stand on its own merits.

Just my preferred style for this place and time.

Message Edited by Uborrow-Upay on 09-10-2009 05:58 PM
Message 16 of 51
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Believe it or not most people are either ignorant of what is happening to them or just go along like sheep. How many of those "Change in Terms" notices that are mailed out do you think are tossed and the effects noticed long after it is too late to do anything about it, if ever. I ask early and ofter - but the statement always ends with a "?". If you ask early enough and often enough eventually someone will cave in. It is my firm belief that all AA must be questioned! Otherwise you are playing their game.
Message 17 of 51
score_building
Senior Contributor

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Believe it or not most people are either ignorant of what is happening to them or just go along like sheep. How many of those "Change in Terms" notices that are mailed out do you think are tossed and the effects noticed long after it is too late to do anything about it, if ever. I ask early and ofter - but the statement always ends with a "?". If you ask early enough and often enough eventually someone will cave in. It is my firm belief that all AA must be questioned! Otherwise you are playing their game.

i find your approach at once instructive and compelling but not mutually exclusive from PP because i agree with him too -it can also pay to pick your battles- time, energy, and utility all being considered... as a PIF customer it may simply not be worth inquiring on the APR issue for Uborrow every time there's a few point increase.

a family member, the director of litigation for an international public service org had no idea citi had jacked him recently and would have continued to pay 19.99 since he carried a balance on that card if i hadn't spotted it for him...MANY people across socio eco boundaries are not paying attn. either 'too busy' or disaffected, all kinds of reasons.

Message Edited by score_building on 09-10-2009 06:15 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 51
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Ameriprise: 4.5%.

Chase: 13.24%
Message 19 of 51
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

i find your approach at once instructive and compelling but not mutually exclusive from PP because i agree with him too -it can also pay to pick your battles- time, energy, and utility all being considered... as a PIF customer it may simply not be worth inquiring on the APR issue for Uborrow every time there's a few point increase.

a family member, the director of litigation for an international public service org had no idea citi had jacked him recently and would have continued to pay 19.99 since he carried a balance on that card if i hadn't spotted it for him...MANY people across socio eco boundaries are not paying attn. either 'too busy' or disaffected, all kinds of reasons.

Amounts to more of a "lean" on my part than a "shove". It's a war of attrition and I don't plan on losing. Also, where my APR issues exist they are large ones. Note DMB on my list - it is one of the highest and one of the lowest at the same time. (I have those 6.99% rates specifically because I made an effort to go after them.) I even "thanked" HSBC for their largess this summer by letting them make about $3 in finance charges of me. Hopefully that was enough for them to deem me worthy of my next promo rate!

I think the banks are fully aware that many folks are not tuned in to these terms changes. They are using an "it's the economy" excuse to make a few bucks. It's all in The Plan!

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.