cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

matte black credit card from Chase - What is it?

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

matte black credit card from Chase - What is it?

I recently saw another customer in front of me take out a Chase card that was matte black in color and - I am not 100% sure - had an imprint that looked like the number "1" in the upper right corner. Does anyone know what kind of card that is? Is it one of their prime cards or just an everyday card that had been given a face lift?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: matte black credit card from Chase - What is it?

Is that a student card.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I don't know. You tell me! Haha! I tried to google the card and find an image on chase.com but I couldn't.

Update: Well' I checked again, and you're right. The one is in the upper left corner, though. And the guy that I saw had a VISA but other than that it looks the same. Well, I guess not a desirable card then. Haha!

Message 3 of 6
smc733
Valued Contributor

http://www.chasecreditcards.com/student-plusone-mastercard.asp

Not a special card at all, though it is a great program for students building credit.  Too bad Chase will expect them to have 760+ FICO scores...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

you know, when i go to the chase website, it only shows me 4 credit cards.....i know they have more than that!  what the heck!  there's a box that says "browse categories" but there is nothing in it, & you can't click on it.

Message 5 of 6
ferrari
Regular Contributor

I just saw that card with a friend yesterday. It has a +1 symbol in the left upper corner.

He is a foreign student and he got it right after he came to the US as soon as he opened an account with chase.

It looked good though Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.