cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

military man trying to join the amex family.questions,advice,help.

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: military man trying to join the amex family.questions,advice,help.

@webhopper wrote:
Nfcu takes a few days to process your info but then they will call and give you online access and everything... the few days you have to wait are well worth it and if you get a nfcu card you can do a balance transfer until the end of the month from any of your other loans or cards and get no interest for 1 year as long as you do it before the end of the month. Its a promotion. Also; nfcu never has balance transfer fees or cash advance fees and the rewards on my cash card are super easy to redeem.

Were you instantly approved or did it take a few days for your card app?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 61 of 102
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@MountainHiker wrote:

@mojobones89 wrote:
Thanks for the info,i will definitely look into it cus 15k sounds good to me haha hoping your right,hopefully they dont have too many good products that will make it hard for me to choose from.any recommendations?

I would go for the card that makes you the most rewards cash while charging the least fees.Their Signature Cash Rewards card. if you apply online be prepared for the shock of getting a FAT limit.

Haha I know what you mean. When I got mine in the mall I could barely open it my hands were shaking and then I put it in the drawer I was too afraid to carry it for a few months.

It was not instant I had to wait 2 days... I found out through the secure application message center.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 62 of 102
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

How is that phone call going?
FICO 9:

Message 63 of 102
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

@mojobones89 wrote:
Thanks for the info,i will definitely look into it cus 15k sounds good to me haha hoping your right,hopefully they dont have too many good products that will make it hard for me to choose from.any recommendations?

I would go for the card that makes you the most rewards cash while charging the least fees.Their Signature Cash Rewards card. if you apply online be prepared for the shock of getting a FAT limit.

Haha I know what you mean. When I got mine in the mall I could barely open it my hands were shaking and then I put it in the drawer I was too afraid to carry it for a few months.

It was not instant I had to wait 2 days... I found out through the secure application message center.

LOL, that is very relatable story. I usually make a point of keeping my ultilization very low but this month for some reason I didn't bother to focus on it.Then in the last few days decided to app with Navy federal.Of course my ult was quite high both cards were nearly max out (90% and score was about 617)and after a couple beers just decided to do it. Had I waited one week later after my scores were back up to par, I would have doubled my limit.But the good thing is with NFCU the limit will go up fast any way as long as I take good care of the financial relationship. That is the difference between them and allmost every other cc company. Btw, when I saw my instant approval(despite my collection account) I sat there for a moment in shock and got quiet.LOL

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 64 of 102
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Mine made me a little nauseated and happy but also nervous!
FICO 9:

Message 65 of 102
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I am thinking happy thoughts for the OP and if I fall asleep before you update us... Thanks for your service and good luck!
FICO 9:

Message 66 of 102
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I second on the thank you for your service and good luck. You're a shoo-in for the PRG.  App away.  The BCP is a great card also - can't beat it for cash back.  You could app for both.

Message 67 of 102
mojobones89
Contributor

I decided not to pull the trigger,something kept telling me i would get declined.i even drempt that I i got declined...lol so i will take that as a sign of not too apply just yet.although you guys gave me good motivation(which btw im still thinking about it.) I want too so bad but idk how i would take a negative for am answer,id be heartbroken with another hard inquiry.webhopper,you said that you had 18 hard inq,was that in between all three bureues or just through experian alone?
Message 68 of 102
mojobones89
Contributor

Thank you and your welcome =) i was actually thinking about the bcp as well,once i get the courage to apply i will also shoot for the bcp.how long have you had your bcp?
Message 69 of 102
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That was just on EX in a 1 year period...  if you counted a 24 month period it would have been more.

I had gone through the mortgage process and had at least 15 from each bureau just from that!

FICO 9:

Message 70 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.