Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum score for unsecured card??

tag
turts14
Regular Contributor

minimum score for unsecured card??

On average what is the minimum score to get a good un secured credit card not a "bad credit" through orchard but a good card like through captial one?  Anyone have any suggestions on cards?  

I am currently at 639 - 605 - 617 

Thank you all 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: minimum score for unsecured card??

do you have any credit history or will this be your first cc?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 23
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@turts14 wrote:

On average what is the minimum score to get a good un secured credit card not a "bad credit" through orchard but a good card like through captial one?  Anyone have any suggestions on cards?  

I am currently at 639 - 605 - 617 

Thank you all 

I suggest you try the Capital One pre-qualifiication and see what they offer.    You have a good chance of getting approved on whatever they offer.  If they only offer the secured card, that is worth getting since it can help get a better card with them in the future.

Message 3 of 23
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

NFCU may be a good choice card they approve people with high 500 scores and if your 639 is with EQ and if you have at least a year of credit i would say try for a Chase Freedom Card.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 4 of 23
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

Not trying to.jump your thread but

I've had a secured card with capital one for a year. I've always paid on time. I've only seen my credit.jump ten points. Should I try to get another cc? Thanks
Message 5 of 23
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

OP, my scores were about the same as yours when I apped for a BOA Rewards card, I was denied for it, but countered the same card only partially secured 99/500.  I had no revolving credit accounts at that time.  But that card is only available through counter offer, you can not directly apply.  But it's a great card, 1% cash back on all purchases, 2% on groceries and 3% on gas.  Plus it will graduate in 9-12 months to an unsecured card.  Might be worth a shot to see if they would counter it to you if you don't mind the inquiry.  They pulled EX, I'm in Texas

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 6 of 23
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

Where can I sign up for that card?
Message 7 of 23
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Here is where I applied    Bank of America

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 8 of 23
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

Thanks
Message 9 of 23
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

I see three, i'm guessing its boa cash rewards?
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.