Did you mean: 

minimum score for unsecured card??

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: minimum score for unsecured card??

@netsfan549 wrote:
I only have one just capital one secure

Short answer: get another one or two cards.   Secured is fine, limit is mostly irrelevant at either of our credit strata.

Longer answer, as rootpooty suggested, make a more detailed post in your own thread with what's up and people can make better suggestions... not sure why your score has only gone up 10 points in that time frame unless you have some recent negatives too.  

        
Message 21 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

To the OP: Most lenders (there are some exceptions, credit unions especially NFCU if eligible) start their unsecured approvals around the 660-680 range though this varies wildly based on lender and individual product type.  This is purely anecdotal based on what people have posted here and elsewhere over the past few months and is subject to change, but with where you're at now, you're looking at rebuilder cards assuming those scores are anywhere close to your FICO ones.

        
Message 22 of 23
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@netsfan549 wrote:
I only have one just capital one secure

Good behaviour with Captial One secured card helps you get a better unsecured card with them.    I suggest you try their prequalification and see what they offer.  If they offer a card you want, I would apply.  Or wait a few months and try again.

A store card may be a good option at this point, but only get one where like to shop so yo can show some usage and history.

If you can't qualify for another card at this point, a 2nd secured card would be a good option. ( I used 3 secured cards to rebuild).

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.