Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my first credit card reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my first credit card reported

So, i have a Wells Fargo Secured Visa..

and today, 20 days after receiving the card, it reported, 300 limit, 259 used 40 available credit...

My Q is, will they report again after they receive my payment, or will i have to deal with the high utilization until next statement??

and why would they report before giving my a chance to pay? my payment isn't due until the 13 of next month, and the statement was just released today...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: my first credit card reported

For me every month like clockwork they will report on the end of the statement date, and not any other time that I've experienced.  I usually make at least 2 full payments a month, usually one right before the statement date.  They did the same thing to me when I first got the card...reported right away before I even had recieved it.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

that kinda stinks, i wish i woulda had a warning, so i can pif and show 0% UTIL, well, i have an orchard card, and ive read about howthey report so i can start with them at low util.. then keep this one at 0% before next statement and then all those credit cards who denied me will start sending me pre-approved letters and i can laugh as i tear them up muwahaha ha ha
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
that kinda stinks, i wish i woulda had a warning, so i can pif and show 0% UTIL, well, i have an orchard card, and ive read about howthey report so i can start with them at low util.. then keep this one at 0% before next statement and then all those credit cards who denied me will start sending me pre-approved letters and i can laugh as i tear them up muwahaha ha ha

Umm you are getting way too ahead of yourself.

You are obviously rebuilding.

You should not be putting that much on your new, secured, rebuilder cards anyway.

Your utilization only matters when you are about to app somehwere else since your fico is compiled from a snapshot of that second.

You are rebuilding. You are not getting a 15K limit tomorrow.

Pay your utilization down.

Don't go over a reasonable percentage anymore and let the big thing that will effect your FiCO happen...and that thing is time.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

touche. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.