Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my plan...

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: my plan...

Another man's trash is another man's treasure.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 11 of 39
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Lol. So true @the trash/treasure comment.  

I also agree with Dustink about the just in case senario.  But if you aren't going to ever use zync, and I personally don't think that the green's MR points are worth the AF, so keeping Amex as a just in case Chase doesn't work out, doesn't sound like a solid plan.

But honestly, why wouldn't Chase work out.  Maybe your just in case senario isn't CCs, maybe is a well defined emergency fund.

Message 12 of 39
beb86
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

because of my recent sucess with the CSP and United cards. I have decided to take a step back from the forums for a few months and garden my cards. but I find my self wanting to stray i will hop back on so you all can talk me out of it. But during this time I plan on puring useless cards. the first one to go will be macys got it to get 20% off purchase but coupons they send me are useless because i can buy what i want and APR is to high. next will be ZYNC because no need for 2 charge cards. i may even cancel green before AF hits because i have two cards now with an AF... 

next to be axed will be Cap1 (23% APR), Home depot (29% APR), BoA (15% APR) and BBY (22% APR and will not move limit). I plan on closing alot of cards just not all at once because i know that looks bad. But i plan on alot of pruning this year because of these two great cards i got... 

I will stay on for just a few days more just to see thoughts on this. 

I also see no need for any other card because to behonest. I have moved towards Chase for all banking needs and will be with them for years to come. Chase has given me all my cards that i have wanted and more and their CSR is top notch the best i have ever had. 

afbar, 

I was listening... RUNNNNNNNN!!!

Message 13 of 39
DailyDriver
Valued Member

It is good not to put all your eggs in one basket. If you get an amex revolver, that could help cli with chase and amex wanting your business.

Depending on the perks, the zync could be useful. Home improvement and eco packs would be good with the mr points going full value. Also an inexpensive af card to carry mr points (cancelling a prg or platinum if interested).
Citi Forward $6K l Citi Double Cash $7K l Chase Sapphire Preferred $10.3K l Discover IT $12K l Chase Freedom $5K l Chase United 10k l Chase Slate 7.2k l Amex Hilton HHonors $12.1K l NFCU GoRewards Visa 16.6K l Barclay US Airways World Mastercard $8K
Message 14 of 39
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@DailyDriver wrote:
It is good not to put all your eggs in one basket. If you get an amex revolver, that could help cli with chase and amex wanting your business.

Depending on the perks, the zync could be useful. Home improvement and eco packs would be good with the mr points going full value. Also an inexpensive af card to carry mr points (cancelling a prg or platinum if interested).

you can no longer add new packs on zync...

I am also in the process of moving my invesments to chase to get better relationship rates on checking and savings acounts...

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 15 of 39
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

This buddie ask some advice and what we think about his situation but he going to against any single of us ......why bother ??

We all just want the best in your case man.....Take note and listen up....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 16 of 39
beb86
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

This buddie ask some advice and what we think about his situation but he going to against any single of us ......why bother ??

actually he was just telling us his plan and asking us for our community support if he strays off the path...he wasnt asking for advice.

Message 17 of 39
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

actually he was just telling us his plan and asking us for our community support if he strays off the path...he wasnt asking for advice.

Do you see what other had said about it  ???

android 01 : As many have mentioned, Afbar, why close perfectly good cards when they'll help you in the long run?  Put a charge on some of them every 3 months or so to keep them open and enjoy the benefits as they age.  Seeing so many closed accounts may or may not be detrimental to future lenders on manual review.  If you're not paying an AF then why close them?

creditintocash:

another thing your going to have to consider is how much of those limits are you willing to give up (zync doesnt apply here) 

sure the apr is high but if you dont carry a balance its not a big deal.

had my macys card for 2 1\2 years and have gone 6 months without using it, and its still open today. what started at 100 dollars is now 3500, and helps out my util greatly.

Dustink:

I would recommend not putting all your faith in Chase. If they get scared by something you do and close your accounts you will be out of luck.

The zync seems like a "cool" card to keep since you can't get it any more.

What's wrong with your BofA card? It may grow with you.

......etc........

I agree he not looking for some advice but we all not agree to lean on Chase just because they gave him 5k. As other mention, closed many card at once would raise a red flag to creditor and what if Chase going to closed or decrease his credit limit ????
as i said above, we just want the best for him in his case.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 39
drewrico
New Contributor

The Best Buy card will close itself, or i should Cap1 will close it, after about 6 months of no usage.

Message 19 of 39
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

OK upon thinkng....

1. I am not leave the forums as i feel i can help others in their journey as others have helped me.

2. I plan on keeping Discover 

3. maybe would still like an AMEX credit card in my wallet but i dont see my self keeping charge cards 

4. Maybe keeping one or two store cards  macys is good to go as anything i buy i can never use the coupon i get nor do i want the high APR.

5. BBY is done in my book because their store employees are terrible and they are a bit pricey now...

6.GARDEN GARDEN GARDEN!!!!!

I feel that my set is complete because of the CSP...I got my metal card and the rewards and APR i wanted.

BoA may stay as wll ill just figure something out...

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.