Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my purchase was denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: my purchase was denied

<p>Normally, I don't MS. I've never MS lol I have used one of credit card as a loan and taken money out without the cash advance fee. First time I've ever tried to MS for a bonus. I'll just have to figure out a way to make it work in my favor Smiley Happy</p>
Message 11 of 63
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

But why was it denied?  Just a fraud alert for unusual high spend?   Or did they say something to you?   I suspect this is a sort of non-story!   I bought, a $500 gift card at Walgreens to meet the spend, in this particular case it happened to be a retail card, but pretty sure Chase and other lenders don't really care at this sort of level.

Message 12 of 63
elim
Senior Contributor

Buy Precious Metals (honest site and profitable item). The price fluctuates enough that I make a few buc's when it rises 10%. Throw them in the safe and check the charts every few days. Do some research to find low CC fee's, spot prices etc,

Message 13 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is MS?  I checked abbreviations and it was not there.

@longtimelurker wrote:

But why was it denied?  Just a fraud alert for unusual high spend?   Or did they say something to you?   I suspect this is a sort of non-story!   I bought, a $500 gift card at Walgreens to meet the spend, in this particular case it happened to be a retail card, but pretty sure Chase and other lenders don't really care at this sort of level.

Message 14 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just told me I had a fraud alert. Then they told me my purchases won't be denied anymore after this. I'll try again tomorrow.
Message 15 of 63
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Manufactured Spending and is a no-no to discuss here  :x

Message 16 of 63
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Google Manufactured Spending Credit Card and you will get alot of hits and you can read up on it.  Can't really be discussed or advocated on this forum

Message 17 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about gold coins after reading a story about some guy racking up 3M points. *whistle* lots of trips there. However, I wouldn't know who to sell them too if I bought one or two
Message 18 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I could be as care free as you Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 63
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@elim wrote:

Buy Precious Metals (honest site and profitable item). The price fluctuates enough that I make a few buc's when it rises 10%. Throw them in the safe and check the charts every few days. Do some research to find low CC fee's, spot prices etc,

Now we're talking!  Smiley Very Happy

(I love me some Ag!)

Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.