cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myBestBuy Citi Card -- Card servicing and Apple Pay??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myBestBuy Citi Card -- Card servicing and Apple Pay??

Does anyone know if there is an app or anything to manage the Best Buy Citi card? I've tried it with the Citi app, which it doesn't seem to work with (sad because I work for Citigroup and have worked on that app extensively, but oh well). I've also tried muddling around the Best Buy app but all that seems to have is a way to open the webpage you can access on your computer to service the card. 

The card also doesn't seem to work with Apple Pay? This just gives me the impression of the card not being very user-friendly as far as tech goes. All around a very dissappointing first day with this card. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BrokenBones
New Contributor

Re: myBestBuy Citi Card -- Card servicing and Apple Pay??

No app and no Apple Pay unforunately Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 5
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Best you can do is link your citi card account from within your bestbuy app. It gives you your account info available credit and what not and the capability to service (make payments) your account within that app. Don’t think there’s anyway you can load that card to your apple pay portal.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I have the LL Bean card, which I believe uses the same interface as Best Buy. There's no app. Worse, the online account doesn't display pending transactions. Half the reason for having the app is to get immediate notifications of transactions. That can't be done without information about pendings.

Also, there's no way to confirm which reward a transaction has earned. The LL Bean card has gas and restaurant rewards. But there's no way to see either a dollar or percentage amount for individual transactions. You can't confirm that you bought gas at a gas station (earning 2%) vs. merchant that doesn't qualify and earns you 1%. The same issue would go for restaurants.

My card did set up easily for Apple Pay, though. I did it while I had a rep on the phone. I haven't tried using it, though. You'd think the Best Buy card would have Apple Pay capability, especially given that Best Buy takes Apple Pay.

Message 4 of 5
chaos51
Regular Contributor

Go into the Best Buy app and sign into your account. You should see an option for "Best Buy Pay" somewhere in there. You can link your card in there.

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.