Did you mean: 

myFICO cc forum has changed my thinking

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: myFICO cc forum has changed my thinking

@LisaJ wrote:
Wow...I can so relate!

As a bonus, because of this forum, I have received countless CLIs, got CSP, Barclays, Ink, Discover, and (OMG!!!!) Amex! I l.o.v.e this forum. For real!!!

Me too. I had two secured cards for 300 and 250...lol. It's not like I have a ridiculous amount now, but I am only really coveting one more card, which I will be apping for in a few short weeks.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 31 of 32
annebythesea
New Contributor

Re: myFICO cc forum has changed my thinking

@gmason wrote:

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

In the old days, I thought that carrying large balances on credit cards was a GOOD THING !! 

I reasoned that because the creditors made more money on high balances, it would contribute to a higher credit rating.  Now I understand that my flawed logic was actually hurting me.

+1 on the above. I wonder if it's a bit of denial and rationalization. I thought that the creditors must love the interest, but what I was doing was running up a balance and then not using the card much because I was maxed out. The creditors must make more money on swipe fees with lots of transactions, and then have low risk for customers who user their cards a lot but don't carry a balance.

Agreed. This is exactly what I was doing as well. So glad I found this forum!

Starting Score: MyFico EQ 694 (3/2013)
Current Score: MyFico EQ 707 (4/1/2013), EX 734 (4/12/2013 - AMEX pull)
Goal Score: 740+, gardening since: 5/17/13

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.