Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a new cc to transfer balance.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need a new cc to transfer balance.

So I have 2.5k left in my credit card debt but I was wondering if which credit card to apply for so that way I can just transfer that balance onto that card and pay it off but a little slower because chase is being stupid and they keep giving me higher credit limit but I don't want to spend. Before it was 3k and now its 4.5k but which credit card can I take so I can transfer that 2.5k in and be done with.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need a new cc to transfer balance.

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have 2.5k left in my credit card debt but I was wondering if which credit card to apply for so that way I can just transfer that balance onto that card and pay it off but a little slower because chase is being stupid and they keep giving me higher credit limit but I don't want to spend. Before it was 3k and now its 4.5k but which credit card can I take so I can transfer that 2.5k in and be done with.

So you already have a Chase Slate? If you already have Slate or need to transfer the balance off an existing Chase card, I would recommend the CITI Diamond Preferred card. It gives 21 months of 0% APR for balance transfers. There is a balance transfer fee of 5% though.

Once the balance has been paid off you could change the Diamond Preferred to a Double Cash and get better use out of it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the chase freedom but if I don't transfer balance onto another card and pay it off, I will have interest charge of 23.49 by  june which I am not looking forward to paying so I just want a card I can use one time and be done with it. By done with it, I do not mean I will close the cc though but just use less. Should I get a discover it card since I might actually use it? It gives 0% for 14 months and their balance transfer is only 3%.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the chase freedom but if I don't transfer balance onto another card and pay it off, I will have interest charge of 23.49 by  june which I am not looking forward to paying so I just want a card I can use one time and be done with it. By done with it, I do not mean I will close the cc though but just use less. Should I get a discover it card since I might actually use it? It gives 0% for 14 months and their balance transfer is only 3%.

Discover is a great card to have around, though I do find the rotating catagories overlap with Freedom a lot. LIke this quarter, I am using my Discover for gas instead of Freedom because I used Freedom last time.  But you have a good point about the 3% fee. There are many great things about Discover (customer service, TU FICO score, online shopping portal etc), but I do think the Diamond Preferred would be good for longer 0% and the eventual PC to Double Cash. The Double Cash could be a good companion to your Freedom. Use DC for everything not covered by one of Freedom's rotating catagories. 

Message 4 of 5
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Both responses are good.  DCVR doubles your cashback for 12 months.  Diamond can be converted to Doublecash after a year.  Both will offer BT's throughout.  Discover IMO is terrific on customer service but I haven't had issues with CITI either.  Good luck on your choice.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.