cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 100 Hotel collection credit on amex gold

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

new 100 Hotel collection credit on amex gold

.Screenshot_2019-06-26 American Express - Premier Rewards Gold Card Card Benefits American Express.png

thanks amex!

edit: seems only certain hotels qualifies (expensive ones!)

ⳂαԼԼεէ ✈⛽☕ ⳎroⳎel ✈☕ ⸿sƦ ✈☕⻇ ❡olδ ⌚ ēD ☕iէ ┊ ↇᏨ⌚⛽☏ ααƤƧ ⚕ ββⳎ
⛪ ८ſu ┊ ८ſ ⻇ Ⲙileⴑp┊ qš మ ᐰmzn ᐰ√ ⌚wſ -√ ┊ ααƤƧβiz⛪ Ɲĕхт: ✿❀❁ ⮛▲G
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Valued Contributor

Re: new 100 Hotel collection credit on amex gold

This changed at least 3-6 months ago. Maybe even longer.

It’s a permanent change and all THC hotels offer it.

THC isn’t really all that expensive, they can be $300+ but lots of $150 properties are included overseas. Lots of Hilton hotels are on the list in the Caribbean, most of which sit around $150-$200.

Total Revolving Limits $219,300

FICO 8 scores 04/2019
EX-778
TU-714
EQ-716
Message 2 of 5
Valued Contributor

thanks, i will look around and keep that in mind.

ⳂαԼԼεէ ✈⛽☕ ⳎroⳎel ✈☕ ⸿sƦ ✈☕⻇ ❡olδ ⌚ ēD ☕iէ ┊ ↇᏨ⌚⛽☏ ααƤƧ ⚕ ββⳎ
⛪ ८ſu ┊ ८ſ ⻇ Ⲙileⴑp┊ qš మ ᐰmzn ᐰ√ ⌚wſ -√ ┊ ααƤƧβiz⛪ Ɲĕхт: ✿❀❁ ⮛▲G
Message 3 of 5
Valued Contributor

Didn't someone provide DPs a while back that you could still get the credit even if you didn't book through THC?

It looks as though I'll miss out on my credit this year as my travel plans fell through. 

Message 4 of 5
Valued Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
This changed at least 3-6 months ago. Maybe even longer.

It’s a permanent change and all THC hotels offer it.

THC isn’t really all that expensive, they can be $300+ but lots of $150 properties are included overseas. Lots of Hilton hotels are on the list in the Caribbean, most of which sit around $150-$200.

That said, they can be a pain to work with too:

1. I've found that you may have to plan a trip around a particular THC property as they tend to clump around particular activities or particular destinations (the Caribbean being one such example), and if those aren't your cup of tea this isn't very practical.

2. Many of these properties inflate the cost of services as they're handing out these coupons/discounts/credits to most people who walk through their door. They want you feel all special that you're cool enough to get a $100 credit, but they're really just jacking up the cost of food and spa services so much that they're making it back from you with interest in the end. It's easy to throw $100 everyone's way when you charge $45 for breakfast or $100 for a 20 minute massage.

3. Some of these tend to be in rural/remote areas, which can make you a captive guest if you aren't careful. Plan ahead and do your research or else you'll find that you got that $100 credit but ended up spending $500 more on food over the stay because you couldn't go to any other restaurants.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.