Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new card SUB suggestions

tag
pete19103
New Contributor

new card SUB suggestions

I am looking for suggestions on a new(no annual fee) SUB; below are my recent new cards with last 24 months (all my 2020 apps just dropped off in April)

3/24/21  Fidelity Rewards

5/13/21  Comenity Mastercard

5/13/21  HSBC Premiere

5/31/22  Chase Sapphire Preferred  (in branch, AF waived first year, $4k spend in first 3 months which I can meet in 2 months)

These are the current major credit cards that I already have:

Amex Everyday(no comments please, years ago before I knew what I was doing lol),  Cash Magnet

Bank of America AAA, Customized Cash Rewards

PNC Point Visa Signature (got it back when it was BBVA before PNC bought them out)

Capital One Quicksilver

Chase Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire Preferred

Citi Rewards+

Comenity Total Rewards, Mastercard

Discover It

Fidelity Rewards

HSBC Premiere

PenFed Power Cash Rewards

TD Bank Cash Rewards

Wells Fargo Cash Wise, Propel Amex

I am looking to plan my next couple apps for no AF SUBs; not a big traveler right now so my new Sapphire Preferred covers my travel needs. New apps/cards currently 1/1 and 4/24; FICO8  Exp score is 775. I can put $2k on my cards each month.

I was considering US Bank Cash+ Visa signature in the next couple months since US Bank is very new account/inquiry sensitive.   Barclays AAA Travel Rewards or Wells Fargo Active Cash are the next 2 cards on my radar (I believe Barclays is also new account/inquiry sensitive) I got my last WF bonus over 2 years ago so eligible for another one)  No current relationship with either US Bank or Barclays 

Am I overlooking any other better no AF SUBS? Smaller issuers or credit unions are fine if open to the general public but I am not eligible for Navy FCU or another military credit unions.   

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: new card SUB suggestions

Is your goal entirely to find the biggest Bonus or are you looking for a big Bonus on a card you plan to keep/use?  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 2 of 4
pete19103
New Contributor

Basically looking for the biggest bonus; I plan to keep the card but possible sock draw it and just use it occasionally if the multipliers dont make sense.

@ptatohed wrote:

Is your goal entirely to find the biggest Bonus or are you looking for a big Bonus on a card you plan to keep/use?  

Message 3 of 4
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@pete19103 wrote:

Basically looking for the biggest bonus; I plan to keep the card but possible sock draw it and just use it occasionally if the multipliers dont make sense.

@ptatohed wrote:

I don't know of any great no AF cash SUBs right now.  Most seem to be $200.  I think the Chase Freedom Unlimited is $300 but you have that card already.  Am Ex BCP is also $300 and you can cancel before paying the $95 AF.  The Citi Premier has a $95 AF but a $600 in gift cards sub.  Citi CC is only $200 SUB but is a great 5% card to keep.  Also to keep in mind if your goal is to collect SUBs.... and if this isn't too far off topic, there are always a slew of varying SUBs for many online banking and investing sign-ups.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.