Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new cc tradeline question

tag
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

new cc tradeline question

I have a few cc TL opened in the last 2 years but all have very low limites (550 is the most, 275 the lowest).  I would like to get one with a large CL. I have been working on my credit scores and they are slowly coming up.  My TU and EX are the highest (638 last week).  Since I pulled last week I did bring my uti down on my cc accounts and received an EQ bump of 14 points but haven't repulled my TU or EX. 

Any suggestions on cards that would maybe pull TU or EX and qualify me for a larger amount? 

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: new cc tradeline question

@cookiebird wrote:

I have a few cc TL opened in the last 2 years but all have very low limites (550 is the most, 275 the lowest).  I would like to get one with a large CL. I have been working on my credit scores and they are slowly coming up.  My TU and EX are the highest (638 last week).  Since I pulled last week I did bring my uti down on my cc accounts and received an EQ bump of 14 points but haven't repulled my TU or EX. 

Any suggestions on cards that would maybe pull TU or EX and qualify me for a larger amount?

To best help you we need more info about your credit profile 

Baddies AAoA, INQ's UTL

Think GE cards would be a good fit but need more info first. Do you shop at Walmart?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

My AAoA is 6 years, I do have some collections that I am working on deleting, a PR that the notice to vacate was filed on Friday and 2 old FP charge off's from 2008.  I currently have 5 cc accounts, but like I said all with small limits. The 2 lowest are with Emblem and I never intended to keep those. They said from the beginning they will not do CLI.  I have had one for about 6 months and one for over a year. They were part of a rehab program.

I would love to find one that maybe only looks at TU or EX because I can afford the IQs there. I can really afford them anywhere but EQ has like 3 (one falling off in August). 

I had previously applied for a Ge backed card and was declined but my credit score has come up quite a bit since then (about 75 points.).  That was in Feb. Will that hurt me on trying for a GE backed card?  I do sometimes shop at Wal-mart so that would be good if they give decent limits. I am not trying to just add cc's, I want some decent limits.

Message 3 of 12
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

Forgot UTI, my UTI is high because I never had a clue about it and the effects it has until a month ago. By the time all cc's report this month I should be at 75%.  My plan is to get them down to where one is at about 9% and the rest at $0. 

Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@cookiebird wrote:

My AAoA is 6 years, I do have some collections that I am working on deleting, a PR that the notice to vacate was filed on Friday and 2 old FP charge off's from 2008.  I currently have 5 cc accounts, but like I said all with small limits. The 2 lowest are with Emblem and I never intended to keep those. They said from the beginning they will not do CLI.  I have had one for about 6 months and one for over a year. They were part of a rehab program.

I would love to find one that maybe only looks at TU or EX because I can afford the IQs there. I can really afford them anywhere but EQ has like 3 (one falling off in August). 

I had previously applied for a Ge backed card and was declined but my credit score has come up quite a bit since then (about 75 points.).  That was in Feb. Will that hurt me on trying for a GE backed card?  I do sometimes shop at Wal-mart so that would be good if they give decent limits. I am not trying to just add cc's, I want some decent limits.

If scores have come up a lot you're within GE card range and yes you could apply again.

However if I were you I would hold off a few more months and work on getting the baddies off.

If you can get any of those off you would increase your chances of approval with better limits and higher scores.

GE and Barclay cards both pull TU

Edit UTL is way to high ...Golden rule never ever apply for any credit when UTL is that high

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Once you get your util way down and your baddie deletes you'll have a better chance of approval. Walmart is a good start and they usually pull TU but they have recently been known to pull Ex too.
Message 6 of 12
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

I was trying to do it now because I want to look at mortgage loans the beginning of next year and don't it to be fresh but would like a decent card by then.

Will they look at UTI or just the scores?

Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@cookiebird wrote:

I was trying to do it now because I want to look at mortgage loans the beginning of next year and don't it to be fresh but would like a decent card by then.

Will they look at UTI or just the scores?

Both UTL is to high

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 12
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

I guess I will stick to my original plan and no new cc's.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.