Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new goal: $100,000 in available cash advance credit

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: new goal: $100,000 in available cash advance credit

Good morning everyone! Lets keep this thread on topic please.

I appreciate it! Smiley Wink
Message 21 of 33
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie

Aww man, Lexie! I was just about to put on some popcorn! 😝

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 22 of 33
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@manwoot wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

@Networth wrote:

I may be dull but why do you want such a high cash advance limit? You don't really pay those super high rates do you? Or you just want it as another goal lol?

I only ever take cash advances when there is a calculated risk and I plan to make more from it

a) I've never floated a balance long enough to pay high interest, either just a little over a month so that it reports to the credit bureaus, or just a few months to pay it off

b) I've never held any credit that I couldn't pay off in a couple months, regardless of if my calculated risk failed and I had to pay it from income or other sources

higher cash advance limit gives much more flexibility than just credit that I have to swipe somewhere

Now does anyone want to actually talk about a plan on how to do this? I don't care about everyone else's $400 credit limits and $25k/yr salary, lol we are way past that point

Nope, not with that attitude. 

+1

same here

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 23 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 24 of 33
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

thanks!

I posted earlier because everyone here gets "wow'd" be numbers with a certain number of digits, when we all know the credit scoreand lending practices are about ratios, if some people are talking about having 300% total credit utilization to their income, then it should scale up to the lender's overall max

so I was frustrated to refresh the thread earlier and not see anything about reaching that goal, guess it was counterproductive to say anything about it! There was a time not too long ago when I was an intern with a $200 limit on a store credit card. I am just saying that I am past that point now and only want advice about this goal, not the reasons why I continually refine my credit portfolio

some good advice intermixed in here though, so I'd like to thank everyone for keeping the thread bumped

###############################

lets continue

so 2x PenFed lines and then CLI's on my Citi cards

1 PenFed, 20k limit 100% cash advance

1 PenFed, 20k limit 100% cash advance

so thats 40k cash advance

CLI on my Citi Thank You Premier, I don't know how high they would let that go.

I should clarify, if I get any new lines I will be closing lower tier cards unless their age makes them immune from my cutting, so the Macy's one is going to go. But this is largely unconsequential

Message 25 of 33
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@periferel wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

@Networth wrote:

I may be dull but why do you want such a high cash advance limit? You don't really pay those super high rates do you? Or you just want it as another goal lol?

I only ever take cash advances when there is a calculated risk and I plan to make more from it

a) I've never floated a balance long enough to pay high interest, either just a little over a month so that it reports to the credit bureaus, or just a few months to pay it off

b) I've never held any credit that I couldn't pay off in a couple months, regardless of if my calculated risk failed and I had to pay it from income or other sources

higher cash advance limit gives much more flexibility than just credit that I have to swipe somewhere

Now does anyone want to actually talk about a plan on how to do this? I don't care about everyone else's $400 credit limits and $25k/yr salary, lol we are way past that point

you kinda seem like a snob. i wouldnt want to help you even if i did have an answer. why would you need cash if you make 150k a year. somethings up with this guy and i think its either gambling or drugs fwiw.

the court of public opinion happens to be the weakest court in this country, thank you for your input

Message 26 of 33
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I get what you're saying, Lexie...and I agree in principle. However, this poster is being unnecessarily consecending to our valued forum members who may not be where they hope to be on this credit journey. When someone tosses in unsolicited vitriol at others, I think it needs to be called out by forum members, community leaders and/or mods.

Just my 2 cents...

Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 27 of 33
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

@periferel wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

@Networth wrote:

you kinda seem like a snob. i wouldnt want to help you even if i did have an answer. why would you need cash if you make 150k a year. somethings up with this guy and i think its either gambling or drugs fwiw.

the court of public opinion happens to be the weakest court in this country, thank you for your input

But that is the court you find yourself in at this moment and time. You might do well to remember that denegrating forum members for their $400 CLs and $25,000 salaries (which many people work very, very hard for in this country) isn't the best way to receive the input you desire.

Just some food for thought...

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 28 of 33
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Let's stay on topic please!!!!

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 29 of 33
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

@periferel wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

@Networth wrote:

But that is the court you find yourself in at this moment and time. You might do well to remember that denegrating forum members for their $400 CLs and $25,000 salaries (which many people work very, very hard for in this country) isn't the best way to receive the input you desire.

Just some food for thought...

I see it as largely inconsequential and I was just being facetious, thanks for the bump?

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.