Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to Amex

tag
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

new to Amex

Hi! I just want to ask why amex is not reporting on my credit report? I opened it july 2 and statement close at 14. Im a newbie with regards to credit i saw my husband credit going to a tank.
Card: diacover it -750 limit increase to 3k- 166
Zions bank -2500 bal 702
Amex-4500 bal 116 already paid
Dillards- 400 increase to 1800 bal 42
Crap1- 251 increase to 351 bal 30

Im not sure if you should put a balance in all your card but I did. To show activity. And paid all in full after statement close. Except for 702 im doing it slowly. Im not sure if what im doing is right. Hope you can give me advise how to have a good credit svore.

Thanls! <3
Heart trying to reach 800! Heart
Gardening till 12/14 Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: new to Amex

Welcome to the forum!

Amex can take 2 statements to report. Don't worry, it'll report.
Message 2 of 10
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Should I always leave a bal before it report or make it all zero bal before it report?
Message 3 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's up to you and your overall util. For me Amex seems to keep pending charges around for a week and a few trickle in just as my statement posts. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 10
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

Ohhh... my util is between 12-15 for now I know it will Drop between 7-10. Thanks for your help. <3
Message 5 of 10
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 10
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

Thanks! :-)
Message 7 of 10
Express
Frequent Contributor

@newbiewife wrote:
Hi! I just want to ask why amex is not reporting on my credit report? I opened it july 2 and statement close at 14. Im a newbie with regards to credit i saw my husband credit going to a tank.
Card: diacover it -750 limit increase to 3k- 166
Zions bank -2500 bal 702
Amex-4500 bal 116 already paid
Dillards- 400 increase to 1800 bal 42
Crap1- 251 increase to 351 bal 30

Im not sure if you should put a balance in all your card but I did. To show activity. And paid all in full after statement close. Except for 702 im doing it slowly. Im not sure if what im doing is right. Hope you can give me advise how to have a good credit svore.

Thanls! <3

Welcome to the Amex Family!  Smiley Very Happy 

Also welcome to the form!

CL $408,200
Message 8 of 10
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Seems to me you are doing a good job. I personally only let one or two cards show any balnce during the month. Most people here say to let one card report something and keep util under 10%. I actually find if i have two reperting something i get an extra coupke of points, but thats just me. The biggest thing is never get in a hole....digging yourself out can be really hard. Charge only what you can pay each month, unless it is a planned expense that you are letting ride for a short while. I use an amex bcp for almost everything i charge and pay it off several times a month so i never get in deep at the end of a month.i just like thier rewards the best. Just keep on doing what you are doing, and do not comingle you and hubby. Time and planning is what gets you ahead..patience is needed too. Dont apply for more credit unless you need it. Give it ayear or so and then you will be sitting pretty and never ever pay late. In fact if you set it up with each card to automatically pay at least the minimum each month you will never have to worry about paying late. Excuse the lack of paragraphs and spelling. I am using a rotten little tablet that frustrates me to no end.
Message 9 of 10
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your advice. I always make sure paymy bills on time, and never ever charge for things I dont need. I only use my card for a little grocery, gas And dining out. Other stuff I prefer cash specially for big purchases. Cant wait for my 1st CLI on my amex I hope I get it. :-)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.