Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new walmart card cli odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new walmart card cli odds?

I recently got a walmart card with a small limit of 300. Whats the odds they will do a cli if i explain i don't want to use the majority of my cl when shopping?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Re: new walmart card cli odds?

Tough question to answer. Just call credit solutions and ask for CLI or do the chat option online. Either way it wont cost you nothing but a soft pull which is free. 

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's the plan. Hoping someone will chime in with a success story.
Message 3 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Plenty of anecdotal evidence in the forums already - no need to wait for someone to tell you what you want to hear. 

Call up credit solutions, tell them your initial credit limit is too low. Ask for them to raise it to $25,000. Not joking. They'll counter offer with their highest amount. Accept it.

Message 4 of 18
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I would think you just gonna have to wait out the 3 months. Its worth a try I guess and you won't know for sure til you call.

Message 5 of 18
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Plenty of anecdotal evidence in the forums already - no need to wait for someone to tell you what you want to hear. 

Call up credit solutions, tell them your initial credit limit is too low. Ask for them to raise it to $25,000. Not joking. They'll counter offer with their highest amount. Accept it.

Last few times I tried for a CLI with them they didn't counter at all, just a straight "we could not approve you for the increase" speach. It may be because I always try before my 6 months has passed also. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Last few times I tried for a CLI with them they didn't counter at all, just a straight "we could not approve you for the increase" speach. It may be because I always try before my 6 months has passed also. 

I've had the same experience with my Amazon.com card. I didn't get an auto-cli after 4 statements, so I called up credit solutions. They said I wasn't eligible. Finally got a CLI last weekend.

Sounds like OP hasn't called them yet, so they have nothing to lose.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called, asked for a $20,000 limit and was told that she was unable to approve the CLI. Wasn't even countered with a smaller amount. Should i call back and talk to another rep or just wait it out till i get my auto one?

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Called, asked for a $20,000 limit and was told that she was unable to approve the CLI. Wasn't even countered with a smaller amount. Should i call back and talk to another rep or just wait it out till i get my auto one?

Have you tried chat? If not, give it a shot. I went from 600 to 4K after having the card for only a couple of days. I asked for 5k and they countered with 4k. I did the same thing with my Amazon card the same day.

Message 9 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like the same problem I had. Synchrony is very love/hate. For people like me, they'll open accounts, then never increase the credit limits. It took 8 months to get a CLI for my Amazon card. 

At this point, you're probably going to have to wait until after the 4th statement has cut. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.