Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu breaking news!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

nfcu breaking news!

just read a tread (at cb) by a person who said they were an nfcu employee and starting july all dod (which is all military branches) will become eligible for membership!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
orl2185
Established Contributor

Re: nfcu breaking news!

I spoke to them recently and was told same thing by their csr.  They will have much more leeway after DOD members come after them by years end. Greatest CU of all. IMO
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok orl question. usaa won't let my dad in (honorably discharged army) many, many years ago. how broad will the dod offer extend? will discharged vets be allowed in for a window since this is a "new" thing at navy, or will vets previously seperated be excluded, unles they are disabled/retired?
Message 3 of 5
orl2185
Established Contributor

Hey ducky, he is 100% eligible... u also eligible thru his sponsorshipSmiley Happy

Rep mentioned to me that they untightening their belts when it comes to new apps for membership. After all, they know that other CUs are getting bigger and bigger  and feenig for new members. The answer is he is fine with the HDSmiley Very Happy Not sure on your other concern though.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool! if they allow all honorably discharged vets membership that would cover the retired/disabled group as well. ok, so it looks like there may be 1 more app for a new account in my future, lol.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.