Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu cc mastercard vs visa

tag
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

nfcu cc mastercard vs visa

something cool that nfcu provides is the option to chose between visa and mc, my question is which one is better? From what i read they offer the same perks
BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: nfcu cc mastercard vs visa

I do a lot of shopping at Costco, so if given the choice I would takd the Visa card, as Costco only takes Visa. That's just me, though.

Message 2 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@kr43002 wrote:
something cool that nfcu provides is the option to chose between visa and mc, my question is which one is better? From what i read they offer the same perks

Other than Costco and Dollar General, beside the nerfed perks .. here is a graph of acceptance;

(click image to enlarge)

Message 3 of 7
OmarR
Established Contributor

I think Dollar General takes everything now. 

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 4 of 7
Hex
Valued Contributor

The MasterCard comes comes as a Platinum or World MasterCard.

The Visa comes as a Visa Platinum or Signature. The MasterCard version offers higher value cell phone insurance. 

Message 5 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@kr43002 wrote:

Other than Costco and Dollar General, beside the nerfed perks .. here is a graph of acceptance;

(click image to enlarge)

Very surprising to me that Amex does better than MC internationally!   I understand the Discover "bump", it's not so generally available but high penetration in China and some other Asian countries.  

Message 6 of 7
unsungivy
Established Contributor

It's worth noting that Mastercard is accepted in more countries than the rest, even if by less specific merchants. And yeah, AMEX has a huge international presence.

SD - Biz -
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.