Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu minimum payment due

tag
jbsea
Established Contributor

nfcu minimum payment due

So since I got this card two months ago it has become our main everyday card/bill paying card.  We run about $6000 through a month.  We make payments about every week (just the way it works out between the dw and I)  But both times the statement closed we had a balance showing.  But every time it shows no minimum payment due.  It is not a problem, I was just wondering why...  We do the same with amex and if there was any balance showing it would show something is due.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: nfcu minimum payment due

@jbsea wrote:

So since I got this card two months ago it has become our main everyday card/bill paying card.  We run about $6000 through a month.  We make payments about every week (just the way it works out between the dw and I)  But both times the statement closed we had a balance showing.  But every time it shows no minimum payment due.  It is not a problem, I was just wondering why...  We do the same with amex and if there was any balance showing it would show something is due.

Some creditors giive you credit for all the money you have already paid, I would still PIF to avoid the interest charges. Most give no break at all for paying prior to statement cut

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@jbsea wrote:

Some creditors giive you credit for all the money you have already paid, I would still PIF to avoid the interest charges. Most give no break at all for paying prior to statement cut

+1. Exactly what NFCU does

Message 3 of 7
jbsea
Established Contributor

yeah that is what we do... but it is also our card that we leave 4% on.  But like I said we are paying on it almost weekly.  I hate to see high balances. 

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 7
jbsea
Established Contributor

And since I've been on these forums I have not paid one penny in interest, so thanks everyoneSmiley LOL

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbsea wrote:

And since I've been on these forums I have not paid one penny in interest, so thanks everyoneSmiley LOL

That's an awesome feeling isn't it?  I made it my New Year's Resolution for 2015 to not pay a cent in credit card interest (still G2G).  I wasn't so fortunate in 2014 if you could imagine since it became a goal lol

Oz

Message 6 of 7
jbsea
Established Contributor

Well good luck oz.  your right it does feel good.  it lets me know that i'm doing everything right.  There are times it seems like it is going to be close, but so far so good.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.