cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu questions..calling all nfcu experts..

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

nfcu questions..calling all nfcu experts..

ok finally got some of my nfcu info today, but not my online access info and I called and they wouldn't give it to me online..

is there anyway to apply online without userid and password? i have access number and chkg, savings acct #s?

second, some of you said you applied for both visa and mc at same time? how did you do that bc my husband tried online and it didn't give an option for that..

also i've seen some of you apply for a navy loc, is that like a loan? did you do that at the same time also??

ok think that's all the questions for now!! hahah any help is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: nfcu questions..calling all nfcu experts..

yes i applied with just my access number, click the link below the first link when applying.

Yes NAVY LOC is like a loan.. you get approved for say 10k, and if you need say 2k (500 dollar incriments) you can take it out of your LOC.

You can apply for the MC then the VISA it will be 2 hard pulls though. Unless you do the mail in form then its 1 pull.

hope this helps.

Message Edited by fender on 06-02-2008 01:23 PM
Message 2 of 10
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

they first says if you have account access, it wont let me bc i have no user id and password? were you able to app for both cards? i've seen quite a few do both visa and mc at same time and a loc?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one below that, you dont need online access.

it says:

Message Edited by fender on 06-02-2008 01:25 PM
Message 4 of 10
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

were u able to apply for multiple cards or just one?  someone told me that with one pull you could apply for both and a loc? is that true do you know?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you mail in the app that is true, online its one pull per app.
Message 6 of 10
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

oh ok..makes sense..thanks for info..and good luck w/ur app
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

bama-
You can always apply over the phone, too. I'm surprised they didn't tell you that while you were on the phone w/ them. You don't have to wait for online access.

And, from personal experience, even though it can be a b*** to not get in online ASAP, they actually have some REALLY good checks & balances in place for ID theft. My purse was stolen last summer & I got a letter a week later from NFCU that said "Thank you for calling to change your telephone priveledges to allow for account transfers over the phone! To confirm this change, please call XXXX".. it was dated one day AFTER my purse was stolen.

The chump that took my purse (which had my mil ID, cell phone checkbook, SS card, bank card, NFCU card w/ access number......) had called NFCU immediately and made it so they would have been able to call up any time and do transfers from my bank account to whoever's bank account!!!! Can you believe that??? BUT, since NFCU is so SMART, they noted the change, but sent me a letter to my home address to confirm the change before they would actually allow access to this feature. Thank GOODNESS., Otherwise, even with cancelling all my cards, this person would have still been able to syphon from my bank account, and I woudl have had almost no way to prove that I hadn't authorized it. Unbelievable.

I really really love NFCU.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

just a quick question on navchek loc (sorry on hijack of thread)
ok they approved me for $5,000.00. Your APR will be .00%..... but what is my APR? lol it missing in the email status online. everyone at set apr or something?
Message 9 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
just a quick question on navchek loc (sorry on hijack of thread)
ok they approved me for $5,000.00. Your APR will be .00%..... but what is my APR? lol it missing in the email status online. everyone at set apr or something?

I think it is 0 until you borrow some money. Smiley Happy 12% is about average I think.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.