Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no amex cli's

tag
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Re: no amex cli's

@Anonymous wrote:

Profile and insane number of inquiries aside, Amex has specific timelines aside that you must abide to, you must wait 61 days after account opening to request your 1st CLI, and after a legitimate denial (a denial based on your profile not for breaking timeline) you must wait 91 days until you can request again. Furthermore, the timeline applies to your entire Amex profile not just individual cards, meaning you can only choose 1 card at each request along the timeline.

Is the 61 days strict for *any* CLI requests, or just the 3x CLI?

(I talked to a CSRep, and she said it would not be an instant denial. That said, I would be asking 1.04x increase only just to round up my limit. I want to believe her, because she was right when she said I can instantly transfer limit before my card even arrived. That is despite majority of sources saying I'd have to wait as well for a transfer.)

Also, what do you mean by not breaking timeline? If one get denied for the reason that the account is too new, does the 91 day rule not apply?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Profile and insane number of inquiries aside, Amex has specific timelines aside that you must abide to, you must wait 61 days after account opening to request your 1st CLI, and after a legitimate denial (a denial based on your profile not for breaking timeline) you must wait 91 days until you can request again. Furthermore, the timeline applies to your entire Amex profile not just individual cards, meaning you can only choose 1 card at each request along the timeline.

Is the 61 days strict for *any* CLI requests, or just the 3x CLI?

All timelines apply to *any* CLI (3x or otherwise), be it 61 days for the first new account, 91 days after a profile denial or 181 days after an approval.

(I talked to a CSRep, and she said it would not be an instant denial. That said, I would be asking 1.04x increase only just to round up my limit. I want to believe her, because she was right when she said I can instantly transfer limit before my card even arrived. That is despite majority of sources saying I'd have to wait as well for a transfer.)

Also, what do you mean by not breaking timeline? If one get denied for the reason that the account is too new, does the 91 day rule not apply?

It means pulling the trigger too early (breaking the above 61/91/181 timelines) does not reset the clock.  For example, if you're denied because you requested too early on the 59th/89th/179th day, you can still request 2 days later on 61st/91st/181st day.

Message 12 of 17
Malcono
Regular Contributor

41 HPs on just one Bureau. 

Wow. I'm impressed.

OP, you should really calm that itchy trigger finger of yours.

Credit is a marathon, not a sprint.

Your income is pretty low compared to your debt, and you have shown lots of credit seeking behavior. 

It's no surprise that Amex is hesitant to give you a higher CLI.

I would chill for a bit and let your profile grow, let those inquiries drop off...

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 13 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Malcono wrote:

Wow. I'm impressed.

Your income is pretty low compared to your debt, and you have shown lots of credit seeking behavior. 

I would chill for a bit and let your profile grow, let those inquiries drop off...

I still love the act of surprise from some forum members when they see things like this. LOL...Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Malcono wrote:

Wow. I'm impressed.

I still love the act of surprise from some forum members when they see things like this. LOL...Smiley Wink

@pizza1 lol yes, but I'm not going to lie, my eyebrow went up a bit and I "may" have skipped a heartbeat. Smiley Happy

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The most that I know of is a forum member that has 106-108. That number could be more by now but hopefully they are gardening.  Some others aren't far behind.  Maybe there could be a special icon next to their name recognizing them as current inquiry champion...lol

Message 16 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@pizza1 Heart That was my thought as I was reading this thread.  We've had numerous triple-digits-on-each-bureau posters around here.  Smiley Wink

OP, you mentioned that you'd burned Discover in the past.  Is that a charge-off or did you file BK?  Those with BKs on their reports often have difficulty getting past training wheels limits with Amex until they fall off your reports. Although you did mention "no derogs" in your first post, so I'm not sure if you meant just recently or if nothing shows on your reports from burning Discover previously.

You mentioned that you had a 750 score from Discover.  That would be a TransUnion FICO 08 score; Amex uses Experian FICO 08 scores as part of their decision-making, and you should be able to see that score in your Amex account.

What is the reason listed on your denials?  As mentioned already, if you were denied with cause that sets the clock back another 91 days for all Amex accounts.  If you are unsure of your denial reasons, you should be able to use the Ref# in your emails from Amex as the PCN number here: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome_loc.do

Amex certainly values income just about as much as any other single factor, but there are others with very low incomes that have been able to get decent credit lines from Amex.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.