none

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

none

Message 51 of 64
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: 500 to 830 SCORE IN 8 MONTHS #2 NEED HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARDS!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

I dunno. I think the reason your girlfriend saw such a big jump is because she just had no history, which is different from a bad history.

When I started rebuilding, I was already an AU on 2 of my hubbys (and 1 of my parents) CC'S. All three cards had long perfect histories. My score was still in the 600's. What helped was getting my own CC's and waiting (along with GW lettes and threats to EX) for the baddies to fall off.

My final one came off in Feb/March and since then, I've seen my scores start moving upwards.

So while being added as an AU can help, I don't believe it's enough to give you that much of a boost if you already had a clean report.

I think you're missing my point.  I used my fiance's story as an example to try to explain something to the OP.  She was new to credit just like the OP is stating.  I added her as an AU on all my positive accounts which gave her an instantaneous perfect credit profile with AAoA of 10 years and a FICO score of 789 but what I'm trying to argue/prove is that NONE OF THAT meant ANYTHING because the AAoA and FICO score and TRADELINES were not hers and the banks knew that so they didn't take them into consideration.  The only tradeline that actually belonged to her was her secured $1000 BofA and that was the only tradeline they took into consideration when coming to their decision.  Those AU's might as well not have been on her credit report because they didn't influence anything.

Thanks for the feed back. BUT im not a AU on these card! Im a JOINT ACCOUNT HOLDER , which is a big difference... atleast from what i have assertained from these fourms. I am equally responsible for these accounts and can not be taken off the account in the event account goes into default, unlike a AU. But like i said before, this is all new to me. Any question and comments welcome. Thanks again!

ps:  I was asking if adding myself as a AU would bring up my 793 score up, and the higher limited on this AU card be taken into consideration when CCC offer me a card limit. Thanks

No.  AU's are like shadows in the background.  It's an image of a person, NOT the actual person. <--- replace the word "person" with "credit card". Smiley Wink

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 52 of 64
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@aftermath wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

I dunno. I think the reason your girlfriend saw such a big jump is because she just had no history, which is different from a bad history.

When I started rebuilding, I was already an AU on 2 of my hubbys (and 1 of my parents) CC'S. All three cards had long perfect histories. My score was still in the 600's. What helped was getting my own CC's and waiting (along with GW lettes and threats to EX) for the baddies to fall off.

My final one came off in Feb/March and since then, I've seen my scores start moving upwards.

So while being added as an AU can help, I don't believe it's enough to give you that much of a boost if you already had a clean report.

I think you're missing my point.  I used my fiance's story as an example to try to explain something to the OP.  She was new to credit just like the OP is stating.  I added her as an AU on all my positive accounts which gave her an instantaneous perfect credit profile with AAoA of 10 years and a FICO score of 789 but what I'm trying to argue/prove is that NONE OF THAT meant ANYTHING because the AAoA and FICO score and TRADELINES were not hers and the banks knew that so they didn't take them into consideration.  The only tradeline that actually belonged to her was her secured $1000 BofA and that was the only tradeline they took into consideration when coming to their decision.  Those AU's might as well not have been on her credit report because they didn't influence anything.

Thanks for the feed back. BUT im not a AU on these card! Im a JOINT ACCOUNT HOLDER , which is a big difference... atleast from what i have assertained from these fourms. I am equally responsible for these accounts and can not be taken off the account in the event account goes into default, unlike a AU. But like i said before, this is all new to me. Any question and comments welcome. Thanks again!

ps:  I was asking if adding myself as a AU would bring up my 793 score up, and the higher limited on this AU card be taken into consideration when CCC offer me a card limit. Thanks

No.  AU's are like shadows in the background.  It's an image of a person, NOT the actual person. <--- replace the word "person" with "credit card". Smiley Wink

Yeah, exactly.  My SO has plenty of my cards on his credit report because I added him as AU on several cards.  Amex, Citi, etc.  They all report.  But he actually uses these cards for our joint expenses (easier to keep track of).  But they all still hinge on my credit and I am responsible for them.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 53 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

none

Message 54 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

none

Message 55 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficonightmare wrote:

I have a question for you though. You said you were added as joint cardholder to a few cards with an aaoa of 22 years. Which cards were they? I'm asking because when we tried it with CITI and CHASE, we were told the accounts had to be closed and a new application done.

IME, this is SOP.  It would be good if OP stated who the accounts were with - if it happened as he/she stated, that's definitely an unusual occurrence and I'm sure folks would want to know about it.

Message 56 of 64
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The cards that are reporting on my report are JOINT ACCOUNTS these arent looked upon by CCC the same as AU account right?

Yes, you're correct!

Message 57 of 64
aftermath
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The cards that are reporting on my report are JOINT ACCOUNTS these arent looked upon by CCC the same as AU account right?

Was your credit pulled when you were added as a JOINT ACCOUNT holder?  If not, then most likely these are not really joint accounts.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 58 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

none

Message 59 of 64
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@aftermath wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was your credit pulled when you were added as a JOINT ACCOUNT holder?  If not, then most likely these are not really joint accounts.

When I became a joint account holder on my wife's Chase CC a few years ago, Chase didn't pull my credit reports. I was first an AU for a short period of time, then the paperwork came for me to become a joint account holder. Of course, this isn't always the norm.

Message 60 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.