tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: 500 to 830 score in 8 months #2

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

only 793 Trans FicoSmiley Sad

ONLY????

If that were me, you wouldn't be able to get the grin off my face!!  A 793 is nothing to be sad about...ever.

A sad face with a 793 FICO????

Message 11 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

none

Message 12 of 64
smc733
Valued Contributor

The AU account won't help in getting a high limit card.

Why do you need a high limit card right away?  Realistically, you'll probably get started in the $5k range, no lender wants to be the first person to grant you a $20k limit.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 13 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

none

Message 14 of 64
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

Why do you need a high limit card right away?  Realistically, you'll probably get started in the $5k range, no lender wants to be the first person to grant you a $20k limit.

What if im AU on a $13000+ card will i get something similar??? I have a $4500 limit now.

No.  Authorized user tradelines get coded as such.  I've tried to play up that angle with a few different companies for CLIs, and got shot down every_single_time.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 15 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

none

Message 16 of 64
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

What if im AU on a $13000+ card will i get something similar??? I have a $4500 limit now.

No.  Authorized user tradelines get coded as such.  I've tried to play up that angle with a few different companies for CLIs, and got shot down every_single_time.

What was there reasoning behind not give you a CLI? Where your tradelines a wife or family members or where they purchased tradelines? Which companies?  Are joint card holders looked upon the same way? Thanks for all the info.

They were family (mother/father/aunt).

My highest TL is $6,000, then $3,500, $3,000, $1,500, NPSL Zync

Back then the $3,500 was $2,500, and I tried to play up the AU lines to get to $10k, they were hearing none of it.

Message 17 of 64
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know 793 is a great score, and ive come a long way in a short time(Thanks to MYFICO), but was really excited about being in the "800 CLUB". 

Patience grasshopper..

Now that you have reached a very high FICO, let time do it's job. You might be eager to get in the 800's but as it stands, you qualify for practically anything out there creditwise. Do you know your other scores?

Message 18 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

none

Message 19 of 64
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, don't know my fico. I know  my Fako scores are all the same so I guessed my fico's are all the same? My experian score should be a little higher, because I don't have any inq's. I also want to get a new car loan. This will bring down my score, and the higher it is the less ill be affected. Could be wrong, new to this credit stuff. Thanks .

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know 793 is a great score, and ive come a long way in a short time(Thanks to MYFICO), but was really excited about being in the "800 CLUB". 

Patience grasshopper..

Now that you have reached a very high FICO, let time do it's job. You might be eager to get in the 800's but as it stands, you qualify for practically anything out there creditwise. Do you know your other scores?

Not even close...

Most likely your FICO scores are mid to low 700s with FAKO scores like that, however, the two don't directly translate.

Message 20 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.